What are the symptoms of anemie? My skin is very pale, but it has always been that coloured. Sometimes I develop very rapid heartbeat when am tired, and the problem is that I get tired very fast. My hands and feet are usually cold, but that is maybe the consequence of being smoker for years. I’m 34 years old, female. Are these symptoms of anemie and how can I treat them?

Anemia that is caused by iron deficiency is treated eating foods rich in iron, like red meat, liver, eggs, dried apricots, bananas or broccoli. You can take iron supplements in ferrous form if you prefer. But you should have blood test done because there are certain types of anaemia that are not caused by lack of iron and haemoglobin, than they are caused by ulcers, autoimmune diseases, some drugs or toxic chemicals like household cleaners or paint. If you decide to have iron supplements, first you should ask your physician because they cause several side effects and you’ll get professional advices how to prevent them.