Hello! I have been suffering from anxiety for over a year now. I have been avoiding people, and public places as much as possible. During this year I learned how to notice when the attack would come and I noticed that most of my attacks are after I have eaten certain foods. I know it sounds weird but this is the case. IS there anybody who has also noticed this kind of disorder?

Hello! I haven’t experienced it but I have been reading about it as my best friend suffers from anxiety. It is not that food causes anxiety attack but that there could be some correspondence. I read that there could be a link between your anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, and allergic reactions or sensitivities. The problem is that many doctors just relate the problems of anxiety as neurotic, hypochondriac or anxious. The body becomes nervously heightened during anxiety and this causes the body to be sensitive to what we put in it. This reaction can cause food, medication and chemical intolerances, sensitivities and allergies which just weren't present before you were anxious. I believe you may be on the right tracks but you just need to find appropriate doctor.

Although it's not a quick fix EFT or tapping, as some call it, works for me to bring the level of the anxiety down to managable levels. and the positve aspect of EFT is that there is no use of pharmacological drugs.

Check out this link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques
or do a search. It does work despite the users skeptism or resistance, and if this post help one person who has anxiety then I',m happy.

:-D I have aniexty and zoloft did not help much it just put me to sleep went through every hospital and found nothing wrong..said i was healthy young man...So i decided to take B-12 which help my nervous system and my axiety has decreased dramatically from 80% to 30% I have aniexty....just relax and thing of positive things in life....I dont think we are going to die just for having aniexty attacks

:$ i dont think that aniexty is caused by foods at all,i ve suffered with it since i was a teenager, it comes from fear, losing some one close to you etc.. how can you make a conclusion like that? its the worse feeling i ve ever experienced i believe that aniexty is not knowing where you life is heading, that fear of doing life alone. facing that one day we all have to die. this is reality, not the food we eat, most of the time you bearly want to eat.. the best thing for curing it is to see a professional doctor nothing else, you can only help yourself with this sort of thing. you make believe that you have spiecal pills and magical things that will make you cope with it easier its lies you feedin of people that are not strong enough or able enough to understand whats happening to themselves, this isnt a joke mental illness's effect alot of people, who want to read information thats going to help them through a hard time in there life, you call your selfs experts well im an anxiety sufferer and i know whats been written on here is nothin more than lies, maybe you could study mental disablitys and then write a few pages to help people like me

I was an agoraphobic for eleven years without leaving my home. I went to every doctor in the area and finally met someone with the same symtoms as mine.
After doing every thing that the Doctors told me to do, i ended up with the same feelings only worse.
I was given Zanax and still take it to this day, and went to agoraphopic classes .
We learned how to deal and the easier it got to deal, the less the attacks came. As you know, the more tense, the more attacks.
After four years of completion, I was ask to lecture on agoraphobia and I can tell you that many people have become cured and learned how to help someone else who is having the same problems.
Moral is, food is not the culprit and learning to relax and let it pass is.
Sandee

First, you're all very brave for posting your feelings and experiences. Thank you for posting what you posted; it is very kind of you to use your life experiences to help others. I think the first and most important step in healing in admitting when we need help. I drink alot on weekends to relax and escape reality. But I'm trying not to drink so much, and now I'm having this weird anxiety where it feels like I can't yawn or get in a good "sigh of relief" breath. I know it's anxiety; I just had a physical after having a bad cold, and got a clean bill of health, so I know it's anxiety. Oh well. Anyways, I think it's booze related, but now I'm making it worse by popping xanax. I need to find what depresses me so I can quit my pill popping.

I too suffer from anxiety and am trying to find ways of dealing with it without medication, for I have no insurance. A couple months ago, I was really bad and did not like to leave my house. I would rather lay in bed and dwell on my body symptoms, thinking I was dying. I still dwell on the symptoms but try to get out the house and do normal activities, but sometimes anxiety gets the best of me. I have had tests done over the summer and everything turned out normal but I still can't help but think I am dying or will just fall out somewhere. I hate doing things alone and my cell phone must be with me at all times. I have even given up caffeine hoping that would calm some of the anxiety, and it has helped but I am still suffering. I don't know what else to do. The symptoms started getting really bad when I started taking psychology classes and I know its all in my head, but I can't get past the thoughts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

There are a few things I've noticed that will trigger anxiety in myself (first created from alcohol withdrawls). Spicy Foods, Chocolate, and Coffee (that one's obvious though) are a few I can think of. All stimulate your body. On the contrary, I've found that Milk is an easy way to counter slight anxiety. Doesn't cure it of course, but it helps, whether it be placebo or not. And it's one thing that won't hurt to try...

Hi. I am Linda Smith, a 23 years old women. One of my close friend is suffering from a painful disease of mouth named Burning Mouth Syndrome. It is a condition that causes pain in the mouth, lips or tongue without any clear reason. BMS afflicts seven times more women than men, affecting between 1.5% and 5.5% of middle-aged to elderly women. She has lost a lot of weight because she is unable to eat anything. Nothing seems to have any taste. 

I have been getting panic attacks since i was in the 8th grade i am now 21 and still getting them . They first started when i had found that my grandpa had wagners disease . Over time i felt perfectly fine but as my grandpa got sicker my panic attacks would come back . In manageing them i deciedid early on that i didnt want any medicine so i tryed relaxation and eating better and i found that anything caffeine related sometimes my body just couldnt handle also junk food mostly sugary foods i try and avoid cause without some good protein my body kinda freaks a bit . I have definately found that the better i eat the better i felt i believe there can be somewhat of a corralation between food and anxiety i know from experience how my body reacts . Currently still liveing day to day with the attacks . The loss of my grandpa 2 years ago has given some set backs but i find that if i just try and eat well and live day to day i can get through it . Good luck to everyone who has had this i will pray for you all my heart goes out to you . :$

Good Morning, Ive notice after my heartransplant Idont sleep well at night also Ihave a lot of aniexty attacks Im always running out of patients

I have found that MSG which is in many soups and other foods are the cause of my anxiety,,,I always have anti-anxiety medication on hand just in case....Anxiety attacks are not frequent, but when they occur, they are not fun...