Hello. I have a son that is 16 years old and he is anorexic. He was a little overweight and he wanted to loose some weight, but he took it too far. I didn't even notice it. Now, I think I have persuaded him that it is wrong what he is doing, and that he should gain weight. How to reverse anorexia?

Just to know… that is not a thing that you can fix at home. He should go to the nutritionist, and perhaps go to some counseling. This is for real. This is his health we are talking about. Anorexia can be reversed easily if he hasn't gone too far (to the extent that he must be hospitalized). It is done by a specific diet, and some supplements. If he has some other physical symptoms, those must be dealt with too.

Hi there,
Your son is really young to be having these kinds of problems. His body is developing still and now is not the best time for him to have these kinds of problems. The fact is that he needs to take more calories than he spends during his daily routines. You might need a professional help, from a councilor. Does he have any councilors in his school that can help him? The fact is that he needs to set in his mind that he needs to get rid of this condition so he will be able to eat more food and to eat more often. I hope this helped you in any way.
Best wishes,
Marco