uh.....hey I found this site and c**p. Anyway I took a personality testing about 2wks ago. My doctors said I could be Anti-Social. My counselor keeps on mentoining the word 'sociopath'. I`ve had a history of torturing small animals, lying to authority figures. Being emotionally detached, not having a couscience, not knowing right from wrong. I`ve had a history of being 'mean' towards ppl`s property as a child. My parents knew I had an interest in torture since 6 and did nothing to prevent. When I was 12 I had an interest in road kill and wanted to disect em, I even told my parents of this interest, they did nothing. Now I`m an adult, I`ll be 20 in 10days. If I`ma Sociopath, what the heck is at stake for my future? I havent been to jail, I have no record. I`m horrified of going to prison/jail and I have...remorse, but very little. Belive it or not I was born a christian LOL. Infact thats my name, I feel kind of like I was born good And EVIL. I hate that because I`m like the worst of the worst, yet I have faih in Jesus. I feel like when I die satan and jesus will just stare at me because they wont know what to do with me! Its like I`m not to good to go to heaven yet I`m not to bad to go to hell either! HELP!

So i don't know that much about what it's like to be a sociopath, but i can tell you this, If you are a christian still than fear not because GOD will use you, in a good way, I'm sure of that, if he hasn't already. You seem to worry about what is going to happen to you after death, and as long as you remained a christian, which if you actually have faith in Jesus it sounds like you have, then jesus takes your sin's as his own, which he already paid for with his death. Jesus wont give up on you if your chosen for Christianity, so dont give up on yourself, dont see yourself as EVIL, but as good, and pay to god that he heal your mental being, because without him, it cant be done, but with him you can overcome, not only this but anything else. I didn't meen to preech to you but i just wanted to infor and help you, and christian or not i will be praying for you. Hope you heal quick, and good luck to you! -The Guy Who Cares

Honey, what you just said right there about remorse- that means that you are NOT a sociopath. A sociopath is someone that doese not care about anyone, anything, or theirselves. I wouldn't say that the things that you do aren't neccessarily 'normal' and that its good that you are seeking treatment. But I would say that it is extremely important that you find a couselor that you connect with and TRUST completely. That you would be able to tell them whatever needs to be said. Obviously, it sounds like you don't like, or are not completely comfortable with the things that interest you. I myself have my own problems and have Borderline Personality Disorder-which is very different but still very painful, well plus they think I'm bipolar and other things, but my point is, is that I'm not just giving advice just to give it. I understand to a point. Also, if you aren't already. You might want to think about looking in the Bible to see what it says on pain and suffering and salvation. I say this to you because THAT is the reason I am still alive. Romans 8 is a good place to read even if you don't want to take it seriously. Anyway, if you ever want to talk or ask me any questions my . I would be really interested to see how you are doing. God bless, and even if you don't know it- Jesus is walking by your side at all times, you just have to seek him out. Its the hard times that make us blind sometimes.

~Sammy

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

By the way, 'anti-social' and sociopath- those are two TOTALLY different things ;-)
~Sammy

No your not a sociopath cause a sociopath would absoutely have no remorse at all not even a bit. And to tell you the truth you could be borderline cause you mention good and evil half personality. I don't know what to say about this but sociopaths are hard to understand cause of their charming behavior. I act out on this to get what I want when I want it. Lie to people complusively and break rules cause I hate rules they don't apply to me. So as you can see you need to tell your doctor you have a li
little bit of remorse. Bah oh what the hell I'm no good at helping people out didn't know why I tried. Maybe just bored sorry not like I mean it

Hi Just wanted to say to Angel. Sociopaths have no remorse , LACK RESPONSIBILITY, turn on a charm, and cant see their behaviour as being harmful to others as they nave no conscience!! A( you have a conscience-you wouldnt have discussed this, and you wouldnt be questioning your own behaviour. B) You have REMORSE. A sociopath has none whatsoever due to their lack of conscience.C) You have sought out help and are recieving counselling. theres a huge difference, ( as sammy said) between antisocal disorder and sociopaths. Anti social can mean that your just a little shy and inward...it doesnt mean that you are to be a future criminal.

Well, clearly I don't know you but you do seem to meet the diagnostic criteria of sociopathy/psychopathy. I don't know what treatment options are available to people who meet these criteria but I do think it is very unhelpful to tell you that "Jesus will absorb all of your sins" since that would seem to give you permission to give free reign to some of your antisocial impulses. You are capable of cultivating empathy for other human beings but you will need to work at this and receive guidance from experts and love and support from trusted friends and/or relatives. I hope you have such people in your life.

I do think it's very important that you realize that you are capable of living a life in accordance with society's ethics: treating others with the dignity and respect that they deserve as human beings. Your fate is not sealed at all. 3% of the population meets the diagnostic criteria for sociopathy. Not all of these people end up in prison, living lives of crime, disregarding the feelings and hopes of others. In any case, you should understand that society will hold you accountable. You are not intrinsically evil and there is no category "the worst of the worst". All human beings deserve empathy. You deserve empathy. I hope that you can find within you the necessary self-empathy to seek the help you need. Basically, you need to care enough about yourself to become a better person. If Christianity helps you to do this then by all means pursue it but the promise that Jesus will absorb al your sins cannot save you from hardship, suffering, and the consequences of your actions in this life.

A lot of "mental health experts" and d-bags. You need to take the time to find the right person. Someone who wll see you as a human being and not a human specimen: something to be viewed through a diagnostic grid as a test-subject. There are wise, empathic, caring mental health experts but you need to be patient in finding the right person for you.

Torturing animals etc. is only feeding your antisocial impulses. If you give free reign to your impulses you will likely end up in a dark place eventually. Research proves that you can change your brain chemistry through habitual behavior. If you make a habit of doing antisocial things your brain will incline more and more to antisocial impulses. On the other hand, if you learn to stifle these impulses they will lose power gradually over time.

You have shown a lot of courage expressing your fears on this thread. I admire your honesty. That you are able to speak openly and honestly about your impulses is a very very promising sign.

Most people, including myself, have struggled with mental problems. They don't define you. The way that you respond to your mental problems does define you. In the end, society--your fellow human beings--will judge a person by his behavior/deeds.

Writing in an open forum about your impulses--your struggle with sociopathy---may be very liberating and therapeutic. Have you considered writing a blog, chronicling your experiences. It shouldn't be devoted or dominated by this subject. It could be an online public diary in which you write about these impulses along with other aspects of your personality. You are more than a personality disorder; more than a pathology. Always remember that.

I hope this helps.

Yeah your a sociopath all these people saying your not are dumb f**ks, theres no heaven or hell. If you have tortured animals in the past theres deffenitly something wrong with you, but hey who whats to be nomal in a world thats screwed anyways. :-S

Ok, 3 years ago i was diagnosed with Sever Antisocial Personality Disorder. In layman's terms I am a sociopath. It is not the end of the world. Rely on your faith, God will keep you from doing things that will land you in jail. Before you do anything, question your faith about it, repent often.
Being a sociopath releases you from inhibitions about many things. The most commonly looked at one would be guilt of murder. It is true, if (IF) i killed someone, i would feel absolutely no remorse for it. But that doesn't mean i have to.
Sociopaths also will have no inhibitions in the law enforcement areas, because of this they are less likely to let a violent criminal or terrorist escape.
James Bond would be a class A sociopath, albeit a fictional one.
The sociopath's undoing would be their "spur of the moment" tendencies. For a normal person, "hey, lets speed up and kill this cat" would be anywhere from upsetting to horrifying. Sociopaths think of it as nothing.
Sociopaths can also not feel emotional attachment, and any feigned form of it is only present to the sociopath, as it is almost indistinguishable from the "real deal" by outside sources.

I will state, however, very few sociopaths are violent., and people need to stop thinking of all sociopaths as Hannibal Lector type people.

I have been a marine sniper since i completed basic after high school. I am a perfect fit or the job. I am patient, quick thinking, highly intelligent, and i have no remorse. If a normal person was told to do the things I have been, they would have nightmares about it. I can aim, wait, and kill the way a "normal" person can prepare, make, and eat a peanut butter sandwich. Its just another thing to do.

I do admit, I have relationship problems with all those around me, especially after the find out I am a diagnosed sociopath, but i am perfectly happy alone.

Get a REAL psychotherapist to verify your suspected "disorder", you actually have to go to college to understand half of it.

Good luck gents.

Side note: in psychological terms there is no difference between a psychopath, a sociopath, and a person with anti social personality disorder. Any claimed differences are only due to people wanting to label the more violet sociopaths something different than the ones what have fewer violent tendencies. You either have it, or you don't.