Hi, my younger sister is 24 years old. I don’t live with her anymore, but we see each other once a week. When she was younger, she had a bad habit to lie. She lied even when she didn’t have to do it. I thought it would stop when she grows up, but it didn’t. Now, she even lies to me, and it really hearts. I asked my friend psychologist for her opinion, and she said that it might be antisocial personality disorder with lying problem. Is it really possible that my sister has a lying disorder?

Yes, I think she has a lying disorder and antisocial personality. I think she could really use a good therapy. If she’s 24 years old, maybe there is still time for her to cure. There must be a reason why she is lying to everybody. She probably had some problems in childhood when she started lying, and she never managed to get over those problems. There are many kinds of antisocial personality disorders (ASPD), and one of them is lying. The other symptoms can be stealing, violent behavior, intense anger or lack of remorse. Your sister may be suffering from deceitfulness, which is indicated by repeated lying or even using aliases. Recovery time is different from person to person, but sooner she gets help - better!

hi i know this kid in my skool called danni diesel (petrol boy) and he constently lies but it doest stop there he also lies aboult orther people and he says hes blid death and that he cant speek i realy want to help him becouse a friend of my is going out with him plz reply