Hi, I have a teenage son and he is showing signs of antisocial behavior. He doesn't have any friends, doesn't do his homework and skips classes. Couple of days ago a policeman brought him home because he was caught shoplifting. I am very worried about his future. Can you tell something more about antisocial traits? If he shows some more traits of this disorder should I take him to the therapist?

Hi, I think that you should take your son to see a professional therapist as soon as possible. The antisocial personality disorder started to show in my son when he was a teenager too. I didn't pay much attention to the traits then. I thought that that was all part of growing up and that was what teenage boys do. In fact, I did not know that my son was showing antisocial behavior because I did not know what the traits of antisocial personality disorder are. It is a good thing that you have noticed the problem with your son sooner. You should also pay attention to some other antisocial traits. When you confront him about skipping classes or shoplifting does he lie about it? Does he confront you often and tries to start a fight? When he does something wrong does it seem to you like he has no regret? If your answers to these questions is yes than your son has a serious antisocial personality disorder. I have avoided the signs for a long time with my son. You should not do the same if you really won’t to help your son overcome this problem.