What do you think why my 16 year old kid was directed to a psychotherapist to do some antisocial personality disorder test. He is scheduled tomorrow and I am wondering now what this antisocial personality disorder test is about and am curious what the possible results are for it is not like every kid from his class was advised to have this test done and I don't get it why my kid needs to do this for he is acting pretty much normal maybe it is just that he avoids having company and is pretty much withdrawn but I though it is a part of his personality. Thanks!

Being alone all the time without showing interests for others or any interests of getting involved in school or some other activities might not be a sign of antisocial personality disorder but on the other hand it is never a good sign so it might easily be that your kid suffers from this condition without you even being aware of it. Maybe it is about genetic which usually is the case but you must admit that if recognized on time the better are the chances to have this condition effectively treated so in that order it is better let him have this antisocial personality disorder test done so you may get the chance to improve or to fix what's wrong.

even though you posted this over two years ago, I have to correct you.

antisocial personality disorder has nothing to do with actually being ANTI-SOCIAL. antisocial personality disorder, like sociopathy, is when a person has a constant disregard for the rights of others. people with ASP have no conscience and are manipulative, deceptive, and use superficial charm to "conquer" individuals, in a sense.

just thought i'd clear that up. the test on your son was to see if he is a blooming sociopath.

Caroljean

Antisocial disorder doesn't only have to do with wanting to be alone. Most of the time it is a result of some sort of traumatic event that happened to the child such as divorce, abuse, or long term exposure to a certain negative environment in the home. It can result in strange abnormal behavior in public, panic attacks, lack of social skills, etc. I would recomend he see a mental health professional and possibly get on some medication.