Well, I am a healthy(ish) 22 year old male who suffered badly from anxiety attacks throughout 2009 and gradually took control of them although recently it seems they are coming back to haunt me. Last year i thought I had a brain tumour, was having heart attacks because the feeling of them were so surreal, i would go 3 days in bed with everytime i stood up feeling like i was going to pass out etc. I had an MRI scan, my brain is fine and went to see a cardiologist who ran numorous tests on me, my heart is fine except everynow and then it kind of skips a beat and has a bigger beat afterwards because it has more blood in it which is the palpatation feelings i get a LOT! recently though they have been coming back, my thyroid function is out which might be catalysing them, but i get random chest pain around my chest and arms, they can be sharp, dull, stabbing etc, they seem to vary. But they make me sit up and panic and once thats happened im off, heart racing, 999 at the ready. They are taking control of my life but i always have the doubt that what if something is wrong with my heart? I know there probably isn't but this feeling is horendous! Does anyone else suffer like this? and do you think there is no chance i will have a heart attack? i know they are silly questions but i can't seem to get out of this rut and it seriously is ruining my life. Hope that makes sense but about half way through this i had a panic attack! and it's so hard to put into words.

Thanks for reading.
Joe.

I have those feelings, too. A few years ago, I had palpitations non-stop for a week :/ When I visited the doctor, they were gone. He said it was just anxiety. After taking one anxiety pill, the palpitations did not come back for several years. I just forgot about them. Recently, though, I have been feeling them once in a while because of stress. I try not to think about them and they go away. So just focus on something else when those palpitations occur and they will go away. If you continue to think about them, you start imagining symptoms of every illness out there, and that causes more pressure on your chest because you are overwhelmed with panic of "What if?". Try going for a walk and drink a glass of water when you are getting these panic attacks. That has really helped me to relax. :] Just think positive.

I'm 17 and I feel like my heart is just going to stop it mostly happens when I start to concentrate on the little things that go on inside my body I think things like I'm not going to wake up I hate it. I have been taken methadrone known as m-cat or meow and bonzai and I do smoke weed I have for a wile anyone no how to stop these feelings. Btw I'm never taking that sh*t again after having these feelings. When they happen I just start to look up stuff on the internet and the looks of things I think I've just got anxiety because over people with the exact! Same synptoms have just got anxiety. And its all in there heads.

Be true to yourself, practice mindfulness and meditation techniques. Understand that if you no longer partake in activities that will damage the body, your healing and moving ahead in your life. Realize you have anxiety and anxiety can cause weird pains through out the body and mimic the signs of a heart-attack.