Well, about 2 years ago I suffered a death in the family.. my brother who I grew up with my whole life died of cancer at the young age of only 35... after this happend I became what I like to call "Terminally depressed" .. I ended up losing my job because I didn't want to leave my bed and be out in the world, I just wanted my brother to come back... Sooner or later I started forcing myself to get up out of bed and by this time I was still very depressed but not enough anymore to make me completely immobilized, I also found myself to be INCREDIBLY anxious dealing with severe anxiety all throughout my days dealing with CONSTANT panic attacks. Especially in social situations... So a friend of mine convinced me to go see a psychologist who eventually referred me to a pyschiatrist who I began to see regularly...This doctor must have put me on and I must have tried every drug out there from zoloft to paxil, prozac, celexa, buspar, klonopin, and most recently xanax which I'm still on.

NONE of these meds worked for me... the depression, anxiety, and worst of all-panic attacks continued. Eventually, desperate, I began scouring the web for answers and I eventually came across this site .. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed .. which is this program to cure anxiety/panic attacks for good all naturally.. To make a long story short, it worked incredibly for me.. my anxiety is gone, depression as well almost all but gone, and I haven't had a panic attack in over a month. I do though from time to time still feel sorrow over my brother. However, this is my problem: I'm still taking my xanax because I'm completely ADDICTED.. when I try to stop taking it I start going through incredible withdrawls mentally and physically... If I would have known of this addiction problem I would have never allowed my doctor to put me on them. Has anyone else suffered from benzo addiction and if so, know how to safely get off it with minimal side effects?? Please any advice/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello :-) Just thought I'd write a little note to you, in the hope that you may feel less alone with this.
I often think more clearly during the daytime, when I'm not surrounded by too many distractions.

I hope that you have people you may be able to discuss this with, but I'm also aware that although there are people around, one may not always feel able to discuss the questions in context with them.

Unfortunately I do not have first hand experience of taking the named medication, though you may benefit from talking to your GP, which I guess alot of people would suggest.

I know that there is alot of bias concerning medication, one way or the other. There are two things that come across to me, in your post, 1. that you have experienced alot, and suffered at that too, and 2. that you aren't happy feeling addicted to anything. What would I suggest? I don't know. but talking to people is a start, and I hope that you are feeling able enough to deal with new suggestions, which it sounds like you are starting too. That in it's self is an achievement. Is anyone else able to help with this, 'on here', I hope so.

My other suggestion, if you are feeling positive in yourself, is to 'look after yourself'. This I believe is an understated, statement! Really looking after yourself takes alot of practise, but all the simple things can calm you, aide contentment, and a well roundedness that is hard to find elsewhere.

Obviously, if you have people who depend on you, you will find that they need you too, but continue to find happiness in youself. All the best :-) (I hope this helps a little)

Hello! I'm sorry if my post wasn't particularly clear, as I had just read of another person taking another type of drug, which they were also having problems with, which clouded my judgement in writing my 1. and 2./ points.

Disregard anything you feel I have written which doesn't comprehend :-) Either way, I really hope that you are able to resolve the problems you are having, and don't be scared to go to your GP! Best of Wishes.

What did you do to help your anxiety naturally? No meds are working for me either.