I apoligoze for any gross details but I am desperate for any answers!

I am a 26yo female who has very thick mucus coating the back of the throught. I have had this problem for going on three years now. The only thing I have found that gives me relief is gargaling water throughout the day and using Q-Tips to get the really sticky stuff out.
Some symtops I have include:
-Thick mucus throughout the day though worse in morning.
-Fatigue.
-Feeling of lump in through.
-Feeling of throught closing.
-Heartburn at least once a week.
-Occasional chest pain around heart area.
-Constant coughing trying to clear the throught.
-Face/sinus pain.
-Constantly blowing nose though its to thick to do anything and when I finaly give up I feel, even hear, a suctioning of the mucus returning to
where it was originaly.
-I cough up brown and white peices wich I am almost positive is from
smoking wich I am desperatly tring to quit.
-I cough up light cream color jelly substances.
I have had sinus surgery and tubes put in my ears. The result of this is awful. My nasal passage is now worse due to the tissue growing together in the center of the passage way and now my ear pounds though there is no pain. The doctors insist there is no infection in the ear and say the tube is sitting rite. The thick mucus is the biggest problem for me. Its runing my life to points of not being able to do the things I love. I am about to give up hope. I have been on a lot of different nasal sprays and acid reflux pills. I'm going to go to another ENT my general doc has referd me to and ill see where that gets me. I have developed depression from the results of all my doctor appointments and am going nuts! If anyone has any info or thoughts to this please dont hesitate. Thank you!!!

Have you found anything out yet? I am curious as I have the exact thing. I am going on one year of it now and nobody can figure it out. I have read things like this with people that smoke and don't smoke. I am open to anything, when I get off here I'm checking out your other response.
If you find anything.......please post.
Thanks

Are you possibly being exposed to mold or some other allergen in your home or workplace that could be causing allergic reaction / excessive mucus? I would recommend checking that out...

Oh my god.
I have the SAME symptoms.
My heart burn is excruciatingly painful, so bad that I've gone in for tests for ulcers but they can't find anything!

If Hashimoto's Thyroiditus and Fibromyalgia is what I have and I can be cured, I would be ecstatic.

Oh, I don't smoke cigarettes, but I do smoke weed. Do you think smoking has something to do with it?

It's the smoking... weed or cigs, it's the smoking

Acid reflux causes acids in the stomach to back up into the throat when you lie down at night. The acid burns the lining of the throat and so the throat goes into overproduction of mucus to protect the throat form the acid. This can also cause severe heartburn coughing, phlegm that you hack up- especially in the morning. Nexium has done wonders to help me.

GERD can cause recurrent sinusitis. See your primary care physician and perhaps a gastroenterologist for an endoscope to confirm.  You may have a hiatal hernia causing the GERD. This is easily controlled with medication and may help your sinusitis clear up.

I’ve been reading the many posts about chronic mucus in the throat. I’ve been there – done that for many years. I’ve seen 4 different doctors without any positive results and tried MANY - MANY Rx’s. I’ve been tested for allergies, asthma and GERD and I’m not a smoker. I not knocking the medical community but they seem to have tunnel vision when it comes to this condition. With the help of some on-line postings and some research, I’ve come upon some promising results.

Antibiotics seem to be a common denominator.  When a doctor prescribes an antibiotic it kills all the bacteria [good and bad] in your system – this is good when you are ill since it eliminates what was making you ill. However the elimination of the good bacteria has consequences. [Please note that I’m not a medical professional so my descriptions/explanations may not be stated well but this is what I’ve pieced together with some research] There is a relationship in the body between mucus and good bacteria. If the good bacteria are not adequate, the body produces mucus as protection.

With my condition, I separated it to a mucus problem and a post-nasal drip problem. First the mucus - Probiotics are designed to replace the good bacteria. They are not new and have been around for a long time and there is a lot of information available on them – doing your own research is recommended. In my case, I’ve been prescribed antibiotics many times over the years but never replaced the good bacteria. So I started with a low dose of Probiotic and worked up. [I currently take 3 capsules 2X daily] This has reduced the mucus in my throat a lot – maybe 80% or more. [I’m reluctant to say that I’m cured]

Next the post-nasal drip. This is still a work in progress. Over-the-counter decongestants aren’t a solution for me – Sudafed-like compounds mess with my blood pressure but I still use Flonase. So thanks to another on-line posting, I’m trying Quercetin which you can find in the health food/vitamin store.  So far, so good! It seems to be working and I very encouraged with the results.

I hope this information works. Good luck.

I've also had the thick mucus giving a clogging sensation in the back of my throat. Was referred to ENT and they suspected Acid Reflux and no sign if sinus issue, only to have follow on appointments and be given a sea water nasal spray. I also have a lump sensation and now finally understand it to be physical. It's a muscle in my throat that my Physio wiggled and it relaxed. Probably brought on due to the stress. Feeling a lot better now.

It is not smoking primary, as I have the mycus problem and never smoke. I do have major allergy to dust and mold. I have had this problem for a very long time it's developing allergies about 10 years ago probably. I've tried Nexium, Allegra, allergy shots, claritin, stahist AD, and a combo of the shots while trying each of those. I have also had consider runny nose all my life just needing to use lots of cleaning. Butt once I started with the allergies at some point I ended up having a runny nose just one side always liked drippy nose always water right there and it made my nose or even. So this day has KDE helps with the nose running and clears her throat a little but this thick mucus that covers my throat gives me a hoarse voice in the morning I feel like I need to get it out I can't and when I breathe in and out it sounds like terrible like I can't breathe right. I also have asthma developed from getting bronchitis frequently and so that probably plays into it a little bit FB mucus created in the lungs it's supposedly part of having more mucus in my throat but I don't knowhow much I believe that though. I am ready for relief as it is about to drive me crazy. I don't have the acid reflux unless I'm unaware at night like you described
... though it makes sense how it might work like that to cover the throat. I'm ready to go to an ENT doc too I guess. :( hoping to find a solution.

I have had a chronic cough and hoarseness since 2009. I was told by an ENT that I have Leukoplakia, but it doesn't fit what I have read. I have, in the past 2 years been coughing up semisolid pieces; I call them "boogers" which range from translucent goo to cream to brownish solidish pieces. I am a smoker. I may be moving in the next few months and plan to find an ENT wherever I land to hopefully sort this out.

Organic apple cider vinegar water (about 1 TBS in 8-12 oz) EXCELLENT for acid reflux/heartburn/GERD!! Drink in the morning and before dinner, maybe a little at least an hour after dinner up to an hour before bed. Adjust according to your personal tolerance and need. It works GREAT for many, including me.

After reading an article and also all the replies in this post, I have enough information to conclude that, in my case, when I have the really thick mucus stuck in my throat it's most likely bc I have smoked more than usual. Then it gets super thick and really stuck bc I don't drink enough water, ever. (I hate water) I am probably dehydrated, to an extent, most every day.
Dehydration is the #1 cause of migraines and that tells me lots of people are dehydrated to a degree and don't realize it. I bet if all of you on this post chug some water (1 gal in like 3-4h time), all of you will experience some degree of relief.
I'm bouta try it myself. Also gon gargle hot salt water several times/day and drink hot fluids/clear broth.

2m I will come back and let you all know if I was right.