Hello! I have been having problems with my sleep for almost one month. Till then I haven’t had any problems with my health at all. I used to have problems with my sleep from time to time, but I didn’t take it serious. I used to wake up in the night and go to the bathroom and sometimes I felt like I didn’t have enough sleep. I was tired and sleepy, and sometimes very nervous. But, this happened only occasionally. Now, I started to wake up at night gasping for air. I don’t know what is going on. I started to feel fear to go to sleep because I am afraid this situation will repaint again. Should I visit my doctor?

Hello! It is not unusual that everyone feels occasional sleep disturbances. Sometimes we are under greater stress than usual; we smoke or watch TV too long before we go to sleep, we take some medicines which may disturb our sleep schedule or we eat more then usual before we go to sleep. There are many reasons that could cause your sleep disturbances, but if your sleep is disturbed for more then a month this is a sign you should visit your doctor. Sometimes is waking up at night and gasping for air a symptom of obstructive sleep apnea which, if untreated, could cause serious health problems especially to your cardiovascular system.

I have been having this problem for nearly a couple of YEARS! While sleeping I suddenly see a bright flash, sometimes I dream just prior to that of being at a gas station, or my hands being disintegrated as if something has blown up in my hands, it is usually a different scenario every time. It can happen up to several times a week.
Because of the shock of the explosion I wake up suddenly trying to catch my breath.
Very frightening, could it be psychological or medical problem?