It seems to me all of my nurse friends seem to be like me and attract alcoholics. Perhaps we think we may fix them. I have dealt with so much the last 2 days after he was laid off his job. I am always called every (I mean every name) in the book. He has broken ribs, broke my knees, both my ankles, and still, I must get up every morning and as a supervisory nurse, be smiling and friendly to staff, patients and bureaucratS. I hope someone can relate to me.

My aunt is a nurse and my uncle is pretty much the farthest thing from that so no, I don't think that's true for everyone. That doesn't mean that others can't relate to you though. I am SO sorry that you are dealing with this and it is NOT okay for someone to treat you like that. What are you planning on doing? Are you thinking of leaving him? Please let me know.