I'm 23, female, and have been diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago. At the time I had a xray small bowel series, blood work, and colonoscopy. During the colonoscopy they took a biospy of the tissue to rule out other conditions, and the small bowel ruled out other problems. Back in March I saw my GI doctor again because my symptoms were not improving, despite altering my diet (not much to alter, i eat healthy), and fiber supplements. I'm still having problems and don't know what else to do at this point. I'm afraid my dr will just blow me off and say I have to live with this, but I want to know at what point should I be reevaluated with those tests again? Should I ask for an endoscopy so that the small intestine is examined with a scope? My main problems are diarrhea (rarely constipation), bright red blood at times (my mom is a nurse and says it's from internal hemorrhoids, but it only happens after I feel a sharp pinch pain on the lower right of my abdomen), nausea, and having to go to the bathroom right after eating. Lately I can't keep anything in. Appendicitis was ruled out in April after visiting the ER thinking it was that, but it was only the "IBS". Is there anyone who can relate to this? The only problem I can find with mostly lower right abdomen pain was Crohn's. My uncle also had colon cancer, but he smokes. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I forgot to mention, I had a CT in the ER when we suspected appendicitis