Celebrity
Twenty five years alcohol abuser testified that for the first time this year he managed to stay sober after just 3 days naltrexone consumption. Naltrexone is a new drug used by specialist in treating alcoholism. This drug blocks the brain chemicals that make alcoholics feel good after a drink. The drug is used along with the counseling.
After only three days, the alcohol abuser reported that the urge to drink was gone.
Unfortunately, most alcoholics who are being treated aren't prescribed drugs because only few doctors other than addiction specialists are familiar with existing drugs, and because most doctors see alcoholism as a behavioral problem best treated by counseling and programs like Alcoholics Anonymous.
Even though the reports of the drug are positive, some of the health insurers are unwilling to cover for the newest drugs. However, the government's National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism is sponsoring more than 50 clinical trials involving drugs to treat alcoholism, compared with just six such trials a dozen years ago.
The two most known drugs used to treat alcoholism are naltrexone, which won the approval in1994, and a decades-old drug Antabuse, which was designed to discourage drinking by making users sick if they had any alcohol.
The scientists are trying to create a drug-menu for treating alcoholism, so that alcoholics can choose between drugs just like depression patients. Even though new drugs can’t help solve alcoholism, they can sure help some people along with counseling.

Naltrexone is now approved in a 1 x per month shot form, making life much easier for the alcoholic to recover!! :-D :-D

this is cool. can this save my married life?

Is naltroxone the same as baclofen? Ive been given the "decades old antabuse', I know I drink because I get so upset about things, more than I just enjoy a drink. Im cionfused. i feel like people judge and despair-buti see alcholics as the same as depressed patients. plus, its an easier drug to get hooked on as its easily accessed, and its everywhere, and splashed on tv, so even when you are trying to relax and getting on with things -or watching your tv programme-it comes up- there a so called pefeectly normal people drinking on the tely- its everywhere, cookery programmes, its even in my nivea cream.perfume-you name it alcohol is everywhere, Its even on window cleaning products-mouthwash cheap toothpastse , shampooes . When I get really down I think ill just give up drink loads and loads and loads, sit out in the cold and then take some antabuse like maybe the 2 weeks supply and just let it happen. theres just to much to be solved inm y head and its never going to work...none of it is ever going to work. Even if I finish my degree its just another peace of paer , even when I start a new job , people will speak to me like I am a total thickoo and cant cope and then Ill go get inebbriayted because I think people thin ki am thick and I am not thick i just gt so anxious to please and be liked that it fall back on me and I hate it-i just hate it. then there homelife. lack of consistency with the children. he lacks consistency --even i see it!!!! it upsets me-and then theres i havent a clue where we are going to live, I havent a clue how I am goign to pay for my course , I have a clue and all I want to do is give up-but I want to be a better mum. i dont want to be thinking this way and this is not how my world works, this isnt me-ythis just isnt me......I get ( used to get angry with my sister for starving herself -or drinking herself stupid ) I used to get so angry at her as she has so much going for her...her life has transformed and shes doing really well, and I really understand her now and really proud of her..But, my life is an excellent mess. i ecel at excellence...yes if I pass I pass really well, if i ai at that I excel at that too. well, if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well.

Its not fair- I cant do this anymore...i dont even think I am depressed, I thin kI am normal , Ive just had enough1

Hey. I don't normally do the online thing but email me sometime. You sound desperate and are in need of help. I'd be more then willing to talk to you... Email me about it. only if you if want of, of course... ;-)

Mike