Good evening, folks. I am thinking of taking dietary antioxidants. My immune system is weak and I would like to make it stronger in this way. It would be great to know whether they are safe for use or not. What do you think? I will really appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance.

Hello to you too. Antioxidants are substances that can prevent or cure the damages caused by free radicals. Some of the most famous antioxidants are vitamin C and E, A, selenium, omega-3 acids, etc. They can be in forms of capsules, tablets or soft gels and are taken orally. It is better to take products with multi-antioxidants than the ones with only single one. If one is taking other medications for an illness, he/she should consult with a doctor about taking these antioxidants. They should improve one's natural diet, certainly not replace it. If the individual is healthy, it is safe to use these antioxidants. If you have any uncertainties, consult with your doctor. I hope I've helped you. Bye!