I've been working at this place for a month now and its mostly computer related work so i spend all day sitting in a chair in front of computer. I noticed my flexibility has deteriorated but i dont have much time to get proper exercise, im a single mom. I heard about exercising in office and i was wondering what are the easiest and best office exercises that i can do while at work? 

Shining Star

Hey Hanna,

have you considered sitting on an exercise ball?

it is great for your behind, legs, but most of all back muscles and your posture.

Your muscles will be probably sore for the first week or so. Try it - it is not as inoccent as it might seem at first. I think you can get exercise ball for like $15-$25 - just make sure it suits your height (legs/knees should be 90 degress when you sit on the ball).

let me know what you think about my suggestion.

I know what you mean about not getting enough exercise and having a desk job makes it worse than ever! You may look into getting a stationary pedal. It is placed at your feet while you are at your desk and you just pedal it while working. It is good for toning your legs and getting the circulation going in that area. You may also do a few stretching exercises to help you flex some of those muscles that get lazy. You can find videos on some of these exercises, and some of them will ask you to use your desk chair for stability (you will want one that doesn't roll! lol).

Hello Hanna,

If you want just stretching exercises, sure - you can do it in the office. And as Tania suggested, try sitting on exercise ball instead of chair. It really helps with neck and spine pain you usually get from the desk job. I'm on the computer all day, and before I started my yoga classes I could get rid of constant shoulders and neck pain.

If you're looking for exercises that you can do in office with a goal to lose weight, things might be harder - you need exercise mat, some dumbbells and a dietary plan. Eliminate high calories snack and replace them with carrot sticks or any fresh fruit or vegetable. And make sure your meals fit the plan, as well.

One of the exercise which can be practiced during office work is simple pendulum with the help of computer table.

I second the recommendation on an exercise ball for an office chair. I've used one before, and it actually helped my back and core muscles. You may also look into doing sitting yoga poses, isometrics and other exercises that utilize your own body weight to strengthen your body. They are a milder form of exercise, but something is better than nothing.