I have a virus called hsv - 1. As I understand, I can’t cure it and I have to live with it. This type usually causes sores around your mouth, but it can also cause genital infection. I have experienced the symptoms of genital hsv - 1 three years ago and nothing since. Is this good or bad? Is it possible that I somehow got cured and that I don’t have it any more, or am I just one of those who never experience new outbreaks? I’d like to share pieces of information with those who had more than one outbreak of genital hsv - 1? I also heard that symptoms can become more severe when they reoccur. Is this true? Thanks!

Unlike you, I experience the herpes symptoms very often. Scientists don’t really know what causes the reoccurring of the symptoms (they only know that some people never experience any unpleasant sores again) and these symptoms are called prodromal symptoms. In my case they include itching in my genital area which can turn into a real nightmare, since I often can’t stop scratching. I also have blisters and sores, as in the case of primary episode and it all lasts about ten days. I have to admit that it is very unpleasant and painful, and I have also noticed that I am more prone to prodromal symptoms during my period. I’ve tried using Chorapor - it is a topical medication which should make the healing process faster and the possibility of reoccurring lesser, but unfortunately it didn’t have any effect. You may consider yourself lucky for not having those symptoms back. Although you are still infected, it’s by far less aggravating, you can bet on that.