If one has already been exposed to HSV-1 on the face, is it possible to acquire an HSV-1 infection on the genitals by engaging in oral sex? I've never recalled ever having a cold sore on my face, but I hear just about everybody has been exposed to the virus. Two weeks ago I engaged in brief protected sex, and I'm having possible symptoms in an area covered by the condom.

Yes, you can because HSV-1 is spread most likely during oral sex. HSV rarely spreads when there are no visible symptoms. If you contracted genital HSV-1 during oral, you could also pass it to your partner during genital sex but it is less likely to happen as HSV-1 spreads most likely on its site of preference-around mouth.
Anything can happen regarding HSV transmission, it’s only that some ways of transmission are more likely than the others because like I said, the viruses shed less likely outside its site of preference.
What kind of symptoms are you having? If you suspect you have been exposed, you should see a gynecologist. If you haven’t had any symptoms on your face before, I doubt you had contracted HSV-1 previously.

yes. my boyfriend just passed hsv1 to me genitally through oral sex. check it out at herpes.com.