Hubby is a Nester Extraordinaire. We have this double Lazyboy recliner and he always sits on the side closest to the corner. The other night we are watching a movie and he hands me an insulated mug and says, "would you like a drink of water?"

I thought it was very sweet and powered it back. Meanwhile, he's looking over the edge of the loveseat into the space between it and the wall, and says, "I think it used to be ice cubes. I found it in my nest."

Upon closer inspection, his 'nest' includes candy bar wrappers, cereal and ice cream bowls, more glasses with mystery liquid in them, and toe nail clippers.

He also 'nests' his dirty clothes upstairs, right in front of the dog's bed, which is in the closet. The other morning I had dig poor old Zeke out because I couldn't see him behind the wall of dirty clothes that had grown there.

:eek2:

I have 2 words for you, Shan... Behavior Modification. Method? Any handy solid object will do.

If you could see his parents' house, Laurie, you'd know what I was up against. They all do it.

Actually, I cleaned out the wife's car today and you wouldn't believe the c**p I found in her seats! Who knew that a wombat family could fit inside a VW?

Good God! As long as he keeps his nest in his own area and it's out of sight I guess it's a lot better than having it all over the house!
Isabella's a packrat. She also has a backpack which has rocks, pinecones, feathers, GameBoy & games, a toothbrush (?!), etc., which she will not go anywhere without. And she's ony 6! I hate to see this chick's house when she grows up!!

What is it with kids and rocks? NIchole always has a pocket full. The other day I was changing the sheets on her bed and she had a pillowcase full!!
8O

Speaking of chiropractors.... 8O

8O
I dunno! Every time I ask her "what's this?!" she says, "I collect those!"

Sounds like a home away from hygeine. ;)

My Nieces and Nephews are the same. Yesterday we went to the park with them and Catie came back to the house with her sweatshirt dragging on the ground loaded with rocks. They like to paint them and give them to us as gifts. I had to move the last one they gave us because we had it on the kitchen table and we kept on wanting to eat it...