thing your kid's ever done? I mean, the biggest mess, the worst screw-up, the most damaging, whatever. What stands out in your mind?

Refused to grow up and become self supporting (leave the nest). He's 46 years old now and his mom thinks it just fine. If I could afford to I'd leave home.

Nichole came home from school with a big hole in the knee of her new pants. Ask how it got there she said some kid pushed her down at recess.
Hubby calls me at work all upset about it. Gonna call the teacher and have a talk with her. I get home and get to the bottom of it. No one pushed her down, she was just crawling around on the ground.

Thats not too bad. Just would have been a big stink if we went to school complaining about something that did not happen. I was more upset that she lied so blatently. Nice to know I got that awesome Mothers instinct. I always wondered how mom busted me all the time. :D

Allison rule number one in police work. The bad guys are ALWAYS honest and forthright to the good guys.

You would make a good po po with that instinct.

I had the bright idea to let the kids paint a poster for Kelly's birthday when they were 8 and 20 months. I was going to let them dip their hands and feet in paint and crawl/walk on a poster board. First thing- very young children don't always understand these type of grand plans. Second- always use washable paint. We had a green and blue water based paint all over our kitchen and bathroom. I didn't even have a chance to clean everything up before Pebbs came home. She was mad then laughed pretty hard. We still have the poster and laugh at the process.

I was sick with the flu once when the kids were very young, maybe 2 and 3yo at the time. mrs. keltic was at work and I was to be watching the kids, but I fell asleep on the couch. they went into the bathroom, put the stopper in the sink and filled it.....and let the water run.....and flooded the bathroom. So not only was I sick, but I had to clean up a huge mess.

Auto dealer: "This minivan might be 2 years old, but I challenge you to find a single ding or scratch."
Me: "Wow, you're right. I'll take it."

One day later one of my boys cleared off the snow on the van with an aluminum snow shovel ...just helpin' , so much for scratch free.

Most damaging? My son had a bike wreck that ripped his knee wide open and I mean wiiiide open. 1 ambulance ride and an ER visit later he was all patched back together. Still has a big old scar there.

Kim was about 3 and painted our wall with red nail polish.

Mike, was about 18 months old and got a hold of some baby powder, and went from the upstairs to the downstairs saying it was snowing. We have the end result on video. House smelled real nice for a few weeks.

Isabella was talking to her father, who is in Roanoke, on the phone. I guess he asked if she missed him. She said yes, she did, but that she heard Mama tell Nana (his mother) that it is very peaceful when he is away, so she didn't think Mama missed him very much. I pick up the phone and prepare to plead my case to a dialtone.

ON THE SAME DAY (yesterday) India is primping in front of a large antique mirror. On the floor under the mirror is an equally antique Victrola. She pulls on the mirror (she says) because it is not hanging straight on the wall. The chain breaks & the mirror comes down and smashes the top and front of the Victrola's cabinet to bits. Cost of Victrola, $560.00. Cost of refinishing said Victrola after we got it, $230.00.

Yesterday some kids went to bed at an all-time early 6:45 p.m.

...cost of the lesson for India...Priceless HaHa

The 13 yr olds 4 F's on his report card after first semester this year was the worst thing he's ever done. The problems have been corrected and he suddenly now remembers how to do his homework and study for a test. Thought he could slide thru 7th grade w/o opening a book and then lying to us in process saying he was doing it all.

The oldest one has been a menagerie of broken bones from sports, detentions for goofing off at school (none this year and only one last year though) and fights that prompted teacher conferences.

I was thinking that as I typed it. The only thing that was priceless that day was my self-control. I used up the whole month's quota in about 2 hours. :D

Eldest daughter stuffing her antibiotic pills into the chair cushions.

Other daughter wiping out on her bike and getting rocks in her wound <ouch>.

Son jumping from couch to chair, breaking arm.

I've got a shirt that my kids gave to me on Father's Day about 7 or 8 years ago where all of them dipped their hands into paint and did handprints on the shirt and wrote their names beside it. Bestest shirt EVAH! I won't even wear it for fear of wearing it out.