My sister appears to have blown out her brains while blowing out her candles. In her current frenzied attempt at appearing cool, she refers to me often as a 'bag' (very hip word there for those of you who graduated high school in the early 80s) tells me when I should be home on nights she plans to come over, and tells me what, how and when to think. I think she's having a mid-life crisis. Should I buy her a convertible and a tube top and be done with it or sign her up for nipple piercing?

Hey, don't get too drastic....have her get her navel pierced, not her nipple!

Get her a tube top with nipple holes so it doesn't press on the new piercings and make them hurt.

I think if I told her the newest thing was to wear anvils for earrings right now she'd give it a try....

ew....as long as she doesn't wearn them for the nipple rings...... 8O

All four of my siblings are long past the big 4-0... and I never let them forget that they're old(er). They are so pitifully not hip that it's endearing. ;)

My eldest sister still tries to be my mother... I still ignore her when she does (or else get frustrated and stomp away).

Did I miss the point of your post?

My sister was 18 years older than me so I was just 22 when she turned 40. I had a nephew who was only 9 months younger than me and another one a couple years younger than him. He died about 10 years ago the victim of my father's family heart attack gene and his younger brother has had heart problems too. I had 6x bypass surgery 21 years ago and had a full test routine last year that revealed I have NOTHING wrong with my heart now. My mother died at 103 so I'm planning on beating her. My sister died last year but she seemed to have escaped the heart attack gene, she was just plain OLD at 95.

So are you pretty much saying I am stuck with her the way that she is? I have one more sister to hit the 4-0 mark next year. If they both start to mother me the shotgun is gettin' loaded with salt (both barrels).

Yup.. if they've always mothered you, it's not gonna stop now. How much younger than them are you?

I'm nine years younger than the oldest, eight years younger than my next sister, and three years younger than my brother.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. All my sisses and brothers are older by alot (but all you playing fantasy basketball may not think so about my brother Nate )

I will be 4-0, 4 minutes before Greg.

yabbut will you be nagging him the entire time?
My sister turns 40 this year. I think she's a little upset that I don't turn 40 for several more years yet.

I have a brother 3 y older than me, so he's done it already.....I hit the big 40 in september. Bro didn't do anything any stranger than what he normally does 8O , I mean he's just as strange now as he was before 8O , ummmm, what I mean to say is that I didn't notice anything different about him.......

OK, I confess, he's a nerd, always has been, always will be.......

Heywaitaminute....I AM the sibling who turned 40 first!!! ;)