My boyfriend has asked me if I can doushe. I've heard that doushing is bad for women...is this true?

Basically, douching is bad for your health because it disturbs the normal chemical and microbial balance of the vagina - possibly leading to BV or other bacterial infections. Douching also may force pathogens up through the cervix causing uterine infections, as well.
The chemicals used in many over-the-counter and homemade douches also may irritate or inflame the skin, either making an existing infection worse, or making a woman more susceptible to a new infection.

Many women douche because of a strong or unusual vaginal odor or discharge. This is particularly dangerous if these symptoms are the result of an infection such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, or trichomoniasis. Douching could force the organisms into the uterus where they are more likely to cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), an infection linked to infertility.

In fact, douching is a major cause of secondary infertility. Secondary infertility occurs when a couple who have successfully become pregnant in the past are no longer able to conceive a child. Douching also increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy.

Missygirl keep an eye on my post:-

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/can-diet-affect-the-taste-of-vagina-secretions#588020

Maybe you can control the taste by diet.

Missygirl they are very bad don't get started, why does your boyfriend want you to anyway? girls and women all have an odor from their Vagina it is very natural and to most men is an aphrodesiac causing them a higher state of arousal unless you have contacted an infection. Do you practice in unprotected sex with your boyfriend as sometimes it will change your aroma from the mixing of your own lubricants and his sperm. Did you find your own aroma has changed in anyway over the last while? If yes then it maybe time to see a Dr. if not then it's his loss of enjoyment, stay far away from any douche. Most men love the females aroma until they lose it.
Jasper

I agree that the odor from a vagina is pretty normal but what would you recommend for a woman who would want to keep it clean or at least treat an odor? I know that diet has an impact but is there anything else that she can do?

If you can smell your aroma and it smells the same as always does then you are already perfectly clean, the only time this would change is if the aroma changed dramatically with a big change in the color as well as the texture of your discharge in which case you could have some sort of infection, in which case you see your Dr. to have it taken care of.Other than that your normal bathing cleans the exterior and all is beautiful with your vagina so don't try to change it. Learn to enjoy the aroma from your vagina as it is meant to be. The Aroma and taste is very appealing to a man so if there is nothing wrong don't try to change it. Take some of your secretions on your fingertip smell and taste it yourself if it changes from normal you will know and check for infections
Jasper