I have a boyfriend he is not cut and i never had this smell before him and i take care of my private parts very well .at first i thought it was a STD but the doctor said no not even a yeast infection.....he said it could be a ph imbalance and suggested i used rephresh i did it took care of the smell ...but i am worried about long term effects of this and is there something i can do to cut the smell out without have to keep put cleaners in my vagina cause i know that that will lead to constant yeast infections .... :-(

To keep the pH as well as the flora alkaline in the vagina, I suggest you take probiotics daily and/or douche with yogurt. Get a douche or a douche/enema bag from a local health food store or pharmacy. Put yogurt in the bag and use the douching mechanism. If you let the yogurt sit in the vagina, the good bacteria in it will be able to multiply. If you're going to take probiotics daily, which comes highly recommended to everyone, go to a health food store for it. DO NOT get it from your local pharmacy or supermarket because those tend to have dead bacteria and/or aren't good quality. Also, after you've consumed one or two bottles of the same kind of probiotic, switch to a new brand. It's recommended that you switch up the strains of probiotics you get.