I've been reading a lot of different forums on this site for a little while now. While some has helped, I havent exactly found what I'm looking for, and was wondering if somebody could offer some additonal help. Here's the problem...I have a discharge in my panties, which from what i read is normal, only problem is, it has a really strong smell. I'm always self concious that others can smell it like i can through out the day. Any advice to try to reduce the smell? I had an infection once from oral sex, but that was almost a year ago, and I havent done anything sexual since, so it cant be related to anything of that sort. I'm 15 and dont feel that this requires a doctor, so I dont want to bring it up and have to go...Anything that could be causing this? Sometimes i dont notice it and there is really no discharge, but others there is a lot of discharge and odor. Any help I would be thankful to have, and thanks in advance!!

dust underwear with babypowder it might help with smell. If you feel self-concious, I think you could try to find small pieces of coal and stitch them inside your pant waist band and cuffs of your pants.

Genuine coal acts as a natural filter and will help reduce any overwhelming smells.

Do not wear skirts or dresses in public. At night avoid wearing pants to bed. You need to let your vagina and feet breath. If you sweat a lot down there... I would say bring a spare change of clean underwear with you and then go to a bathroom stall and change when you feel extra sweaty down there.

Also try eating yogurt, with active cultures, check labels. when I was your age I had the same problem and it just turned out to be a yeast infection, easily curable in 3 days with yogurt, or within one day by oral tablet.

I would not panic over something like this, a teenage body is different from an adult woman, and the symptoms are different for a yeast infection on a teenager and a yeast infection an adult would experience.

I'm 26 now and I've been experiencing yeast infections since the age of 16 often 2 a year. I think certain types of people who do not have aids are not pregnant or suffering from other disease are just very prone to them.

The most important thing you can do is to train yourself to buy and eat yogurt, and maybe a little piece of chocolate once a month for the rest of your life. If you do it when your starting to get PMS symptoms then after a while you'll be craving your yogurt everytime the flows come.

I always... always forget, probably because it didn't occur to me to train myself until I was well into adult-hood and then I just have so much on my mind and the next thing I know I'm sick with another yeast infection that's a little worse than the last one.

maybe look up BV SORRY NOT VB bacterial vaginosis

I used to get a lot of infections until I had my first baby at 21 and the doctor told me to start drinking tea... Sun tea, hot tea what ever just two classes a day keeps the infections away for me and the smell.

I am very sensitive ...as in I can easily offset my PH and it can get out of wack making an odor. It can be caused by tampons, douche, period, even having sex! You can ask your doctor for a daily preventative pill to take daily so it levels things out. My doctor told me to get RePHresh from the local pharmacy - it's about 14 bux or so. It is basically a gel you insert that's clear and you won't notice (your partner won't either). The only bad thing is, you have to use it at least once a week becuase it is also preventative.