I have to admit that I never had any much luck with the food. There are certain types of food I must not eat at all, and I exaggerate with the food I can eat. Still, my extra weight is still not critical, although I know that the diet is something certain for me in the near future. Anyway, can you tell me what is the difference between food intolerances and food allergies? Are those two treated differently?

The difference is in the cause. While allergies are usually associated with the problems with immunoglobulin, intolerance can be caused by several reasons, food poisoning, enzyme issues, intestinal disorder, as a part of some other conditions etc. I assume that you have already been at the doctor because of your troubles and that you know what you can and cannot eat and what is the nature of your illness, an allergy or intolerance.