Hello everyone. In 16th of May, two years ago, I was told I’m suffering from an auto-immune disease. And as if that wasn’t enough, I got some other accompanying problems. One of them was food intolerance. I discovered it last year and my doctor suggested I should do a test to find out exactly what my organism does not accept well. I was planning to do it, but then everybody said it isn’t very reliable. And then somebody said it is very expensive, so I gave up. I heard about the elimination diet, a friend told me it is a diet for people like me, who suffer from food intolerances. Is that true?

I suffer from food intolerances too. I have no idea what bothers my stomach. I am guessing gluten. But it can’t be just that because I tried to eat only gluten free stuff and the problems were still there. My doctor sent me to do food intolerance test 3 months ago. I must go. I wonder is there a waiting list for that or I can just finish that in a day?

As for this diet, I have heard of it. It is for us. You should try it. You will be eliminating certain foods for some period of time, maybe four weeks.  Then you will slowly reintroduce specific foods and you will monitor your symptoms for possible reactions to the food.

Yes, this is a diet for people who suffer from food intolerances. So, to anyone who is reading this- if you don’t have any gut-related complaints, there is  no reason nor need to experiment with an elimination diet.

On the other hand, it would probably be very useful for you, Regina Phalange. :)

Do you have an idea of how does it function? It’s kind of like you are planning your own research project  on yourself. You will probably remove all sorts of things like gluten, beans/lentils,  soy, citrus fruits, eggs, dairy, nuts, corn, pork, beef, chicken, coffee, and nightshade vegetables.