Hello! My daughter is 6 years old and her ophthalmologist discovered that she has mild myopia. I am concerned about this and I am wondering now are glasses necessary for mild myopia, because he prescribed them to her. I hope that you understand me and that you will answer me this. Thank you in advance!

Hello! First of all, I can tell you that you should not be worried about your daughter’s myopia, because there are cases when children during growing up loose myopia completely. I think that doctor is right, because glasses will prevent myopia to get worse. You and your daughter just need to be patient with this. I am sure that, at the end, everything will be just fine.

Hi there,
In my personal opinion yes they are. The fact is that myopia will progress and she might benefit is she wears glasses now and there is a chance that she can prevent this condition to advance later in life. What did your doctor suggest? Did he tell you that she needs to wear glasses right now? I know that she is young and that this may complicate things a little bit but you have to look at this in longer perspective. My friend’s son had the same problems and he was able to correct his vision problem with glasses and now he doesn’t have this problem anymore. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best,
Danella