Hi, the momeny I wake up till I sleep I have a constant crazy headache that breaks me apart, I feel I want to hit everyone and break everything, with a great deal of anger like a boiling water inside my head.
I also feel dizzy, drowzy, no balance, I keep eating and I don't seem to have enough. I didn't have my period since 9 months, keep in mind that I have polycystic syndrome and I can't give birth, blurred vision, loose track of time and things. my ability is so bad to speak properly or a full sentence, i say other words for things which is not......
I also have a very bad memory and i can't concentrate, this started since 1 years to be exact.
any suggestion?

This seems to be a hard condition and I myself know something about this as I have a friend experiencing the same. She is also unable to have children due to PCOS and also she doesn’t have her period. The eating problems are also present, she eats so much and have troubles with her weight, her stomach is getting bigger and bigger by each day.
You should know that you are not alone having this problem as it’s known that 5-10% of women of childbearing age have PCOS.
The sleep apnea is also one of the symptoms of this condition, it’s a serious sleep disorder of stopping breathing for 10-30 seconds at a time while sleeping and can also wake you up from the deepest sleep. Are you experiencing this as well? If you don’t know, maybe the person you are sleeping with may notice it. Furthermore, the heavy snoring may occur, such as a daytime sleepiness, heavy headaches, forgetfulness, moodchanges and fatigue.
Well, I’d say that all these disorders that you are experiencing are the result of PCOS and you have to deal with it as there is no cure for such a condition but it can be treated.

dont do drugs!

13 months and counting, HAD, 2 CAT scans, MRI, Sleep study, Blood work, lost 15 pounds, migraine meds, sinus meds, glasses, eye tests, at my wits end. Currently on Neurontin and Omacor for high triglysercides both for about 2 months, not helping much at all. HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS.

I have never before posted something on an online forum; but I read this and couldn't believe it. I too have PCOS and for nearly a year now (since 4/6/07) have had intense, bizarre pain on the right side of my face, mostly around my eye, but sometimes "creeping" through the center of my forehead and over to the left side as well. It started out of nowhere and hasn't subsided. In fact, it's only gotten worse with additional neurological symptoms that sent me down the path of testing for MS and other conditions affecting the nerves only to find out that I have none of these; but they have no idea what I DO have. I'm often completely incapacitated by the pain and dizziness, blurred vision, etc. and was off work for two months last year as a result. Until that awful day this all started, I was in fantastic shape, at a perfect weight, running and exercising regularly, in fact I had an appointment a couple days after this all started to try for another baby using your standard PCOS fertility treatments. Needless to say, that was put on hold. I've since had 3 ct cans, no less than 5 mris, and been treated with pills, pills, pills (antiseizure medications, neurological medications prescribed both on and off label, painkillers of all kinds, anti-inflammatory meds, and anti-depressants) until side effects were such that it was almost more bothersome than the pain. Nothing has worked; the only relief I've gotten is periodic treatments with anti-inflammatory meds and narcotic painkillers, and even they don't really take the pain away, only make it feel "less personal" as if I can see the pain from a bit of a distance. I've been working with a number of doctors, most recently a neurologist who admits she is as puzzled as I am but committed to keep trying. I've always thought it could be related to my PCOS but that thought was dismissed over and over as my docs thought that was "completely separate" and as long as I was getting my period on birth control pills, it COULDN'T be related. And then, the LOOK. The look that says that I'm this woman who doesn't understand what she's talking about, but that they'll be polite enough to let me ask the question. But the headaches persist no matter what I do or try. I'm at the end of line with medical testing and was recently told if this hasn't gone away by now, it likely will not. I'm just not willing to accept that--I'm only 29 and and with a small child to raise, a fantastic husband, and a career that's starting to take off after years of work (for which I'd REALLY like to be clearheaded and without the med "fog"). As much as I hate to hear about others having chronic pain, I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one with PCOS that is having chronic head pain. For any of you out there, who may be looking and looking to find something, anything to try and explain bizarre symptoms that could be connected to PCOS, don't give up! It affects so much more than fertility; in my case, I really think it's the key to getting my life back. I've lost a year, a year I can't get back with the one beautiful child I'm likely to have, and I'm so grateful to have run into this website to give me another avenue so I have something else to try. Soon, I'm getting treatment with Botox for my headaches, and am really hopeful that will help. Has anyone else tried it? It's not specific to PCOS, but from what I'm hearing, has great promise when used to treat chronic headaches, with little to no side effects.

I am so glad to hear I am not alone...I too get the headache and can only dull it enough to feel it "from a distance"...I'm amazed that this is exactly how I have described it to my doctor.
I too was 28/29 when diagnosed with PCOS. I'm 31 now. I took all of these meds to treat everything until I finally was like..."I'm too young for this!". I've found that when I am consistent with my exercise and diet - I do fine with the help of some Excedrin from time to time...but when I stop exercising....I'M SCREWED >;) . I have the worst headache right now which is how I landed on this site...looking for help.
I personally believe PCOS is triggered by hormonal changes - having a baby - starting your period - or even menopause...mine was the baby...who is 5 now and doesn't get the nicest mommy sometimes... :$
I am totally unable to focus at work and feel like a failure because to get ahead you have to put in 110% and I can only operate at much less than that some days...people think you are lazy or crazy.
No one understands. No one believes you and even if they do...they cannot help.
I'm leaving work now to go get some Advil or something because my buddy Excedrin has not worked and maybe Advil will today...
Thanks to everyone...just for listening...we are all in the same boat!!!

I HAVE NOT OFFICIALLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS BUT WHEN I TOLD MY PRIMARY PHYSICIAN THAT THE MEDICATIONS THE NEUROLOGISTS WERE PRESCRIBING FOR MY HORMONAL HEADACHES WEREN'T HELPING HE SAID MAYBE I HAD PCOS AND PRESCRIBED METFORMIN FOR MY HEADACHES ....AND IT HELPED...IT IS A DIABETIC MEDICATION...GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND KEEP ON ASKING AND PERSERVERING....

My heart goes out to all of you because it seems like you're all dealing with a lot of difficult problems but there isn't much help from doctors, which I think is most frustrating. I think that it's important to remember that when you're having difficult symptoms like this to try to document as much of it as possible, and then also be sure to ask for a second diagnosis or even ask for a specialist if you could. In any case, has anyone else here had successful treatment?