Hello all... I heave one serious problem I need a help with. I’ve lost more than a half of the lashes on my right top eyelid. Other lashes have not been affected. I had a temporal lobectomy two and a half years ago and assume that this procedure could not be the cause – it was just too long ago!!! Anyway, I went to my doc and after thoroughly checking my eyelid for cancer, infection and plugged tear ducts, he suggested I have my thyroid checked which, by the way, turned out to be normal too. This all happened on my right eye which is very close to my surgery site, but, like I said, I dont think that the surgery is the one to blame... So, I’m very interested in what this could be! Has anyone had an experience like this? Any, and I really mean ANY information would be appreciated. Please help!

Hi there. I’ve had exactly the same experience that you describe. You’ve just reminded me of it!! I had it happen two or three times over the course of 5 and it happened on both eyes, even though not at the same time. In my case it was not med related since at the time I was not on meds of any kind. I also thought that maybe it was related to my eyelash vurler, but that was not the cause too. Anyway, I never did go to the doctor for it as they would always grow again. I know that that was not too helpful, but I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone. I truly hope that it will al turn back just fine and that they will grow back, just as they did in my case. Best of luck!!

i know exactly what happened to u .. i was really scared too but then i realised that it was natural .. i was losing about 10 eyelashes a day for a while but now its gone back to about 1 to 3 a day.

gosh!! i'm having the same problem too... until now i dont know whats the cause of it. I wish there's someone who can advise me on this... some friends of mine suggested fake eyelashes to be glued to my eye lashes but wat if there's side effects??? Help!!!!!

I am having the same problem right now. I tried changing my mascara and that did not help. My doctor also tested my thyroid and it was ok. He suggested that I talk to my Dermatologist about it. She did not have any suggestions, other than not using mascara for 2 weeks. Most days I'm losing several a day. They are coming back in, slowly, but they are very sparse now. It's good to know that others are experiencing the same thing. Although I wish that none of us had to deal with it! If I find out anything more I will let you know. Good luck.

OMG I thought that it was just me.. I am losing such a big chunk on the top of my right eye. Not a little chunk but a big one. They are not growing back for some odd reason...Dr time. I think in my case it may be because I was walking down the stairs holding my eyelash curler up to my eye. and triped and fell and tugged on my eyelids in doing so. The bad thing is that I always put mascara on ,my eyelashes before i curl them, so in falling all the mascara was ripped off but my eyelashes were fine. Now 2-3 months later they are all falling out.*** deal, Go without mascara for 2 weeks you all say... Ya right I couldnt leave the house with out makeup on. I guess my next step is Dr visit.

I am going through the same thing! My eyelids sporadically become "sore" to the touch. I have been losing clumps and went 2 weeks without mascara, didn't help!! I used to have long, thick lashes and stopped using my curler AND Masacara. They don't seem to be growing back and I'm scared I am going to wake up and they are all going to be gone.

This must be more common than I thought. My top, right eyelashes are coming out in clumps. It itches, so I pull on them which usually removes a couple and it will stop itching. Not this time! I lose a bunch now. I'm almost bald on the right eye. WHAT'S THE DEAL??

Gosh this just happened to me. Yesterday morning, huge bald spot on right eye. I just about freaked. This morning huge bald spot on left eye. I am practically in tears. No more stress than usual and the funny thing is, I was camping for 10 nights and never wore mascara. I look horrible now. I am 48 years old.

my mom is in her early 50s and began losing eyelashes when she was in her 30s, now they are all gone, so dont worry, it's really not that noticeable, people dont even notice when they talk to her

I am experiencing the same thing... I am losing eyelashes on my left eye. Starting from the inside towards the middle! A little is starting on my right eye now. I remove my makeup every night and have been using the same mascara for a long time. I too have real long and thick eyelashes but now its like I am balding! I am 22 years old... help...

none of you are alone i have the same problem..my bottom lashes have thinned over the span of the past few weeks and both eyes have huge bald chunks in the middle of the lashes, this has happened once months ago to only one eye and they grew back but scarce..now they just dont seem to be growing back :-( have any of you considered eye lash transplants or heard any dangers?

Help! I have been losing eyelashes for the last 10 years. My eyelashes get sore to touch and when i pull or pluck them out the eyelash normally has a black root on it. I have been to a dermatoligist and nothing wrong. Fortunately I wear glasses to cover my sparse eyelashes, although I would like to wear contacts again. It takes about a month to grow the lashes back, but they always seem to fall out again.

I am a 38 year old woman. I never had luxurious lashes but, at least I had lashes. That is until a few months ago. I noticed a little bald spot on the middle of my left eye. About a month later they started to grow back and I felt relieved. Now, I have a big clump missing from the middle of my right eye and more are falling out on my left eyelid again. I have no symptoms of trouble with my eyes other than the loss of lashes. I saw a dermatologist who told me very casually that it was just stress and not to worry about it. He didn't even look at my eyelids before giving me the brush off. This is really starting to stress me out! What the heck is causing this?

Hi, ladies it happens to me every spring time during allergy season. My doctor said the eyelid gets swollen and eyelashes fall out. I now use eye drops for allergies and try not to use mascara or an eyelash curler when it's happening and they grow back much faster. I hope this helps.