Hi, I am 31 years old and I am planning to get pregnant real soon. But the problem is, my older sister had problems during her baby’s delivery. She was under total anesthesia and had serious muscle spasms, high temperature and almost collapsed. Doctor said that she had malignant hyperthermia but they reacted fast and she was ok. How to discover if you are suffering from malignant hyperthermia?

There are many things still not known about this condition and one of those is how to determine if someone actually has it. This means that only in situations like total anesthesia the symptoms you have mentioned will occur. With this said you must realize that there is a possibility you have this condition but without symptoms for now. The best thing now would be to talk to your doctor and see what would be the smartest thing to do when it comes to your future pregnancy.