Please somebody help me I have been having panic attacks at night now and they are keeping me up all night long.The first panic attack I had was about month ago but it started as soon as I woke up and lasted about 20 minutes,and I didn't have another until about six days ago it happen while I was getting to sleep it started at 6 or 5 in the morning and then lasted until 12 in the evening ! And now tonight I having another one that started at 4 in the morning :-( I really don't want to go to an therapists and get filled up with pills, I want to help myself at home instead.

hi. I unfortunately have the same problem. Actually I am up right now becuz of one. I seem to only have them at night and havent gotten a full nights rest in abiout 2 weeks, which sucks! the best relief i have found is to tell myself it is only a panic attack and nothing will happen to me. and be sure to breate slowly. I try to keep my mind busy too, like thinkin about other things. I always feel like im having a heart attack buti have had and ekg and bunch of other tests done and ive been told its bad anxiety and panic. I guess they happen when we go to sleep becuz we cant control our mind. we're stressed out about the disorder and i guess it plays on our subconscious. I am now on meds and it seems to be working. it will take about 4 weeks for it to completely get in my system (celexa) but in the mean time i was given meclizine for the constant dizziness and vertigo during the day. I was given lunesta to help my sleep but it caused me to hallucinate so i quite takin it. best thing though is to focus on breathing and telling urself nothing is really gonna happen to you. i wish u the best of luck! just know ur not alone

Thank you soooo much for the reply to my post :-D!I thought at first I was alone with this,but finding out i'm not is a big help. I've been kept up for about four or five nights with only a bit of rest and i don't know why they always happen at night!!?I have been stressing over my panic attacks and other things lately,I've looked up about breathing and its seems to be working for me.My Mother had panic attacks for a while she was pregnant but soon stop? Have they passed onto me from my mother or has it happen because of a traumatic life experience i had four years ago %-)

Hi, I also have panic attacks. Yes, you are not alone and I am happy to know that some people have similar experiences too. My panic attacks started a few months ago but I didn't care to go see a therapist, or have myself checked. In the first place, I have no idea in actuality what a panic attack feels like. Anyway, yes, I felt like I'm having a stroke or heart attack. I even rushed myself to the hospital 2 days ago because I thought its going to be the end of me. The funny thing about it was that I overreacted while I was in the ER. I beg the doctors to attend to me because I think I would pass out in a heartbeat. Luckily, I didn't. I was given a placebo, I know because I'm a psychology student and I know that the med the doc gave me has nothing to do with what I'm experiencing. Aaaah. I wanted to talk more but.....

Okay, same with the other guy, I always told myself that it's not going to hurt me. Panic attacks are just panic attacks. Plain and simple. Sometimes we may be afraid of other things, but the only thing that we are actually afraid of is the panic attack instead of the environmental stimulus. So, yes, a panic attack won't hurt you much. And the more you expose yourself to the stimulus that caused the panic attack, the more likely it'll lessen. But you also have to make sure that you don't have existing cardiovascular problems. If you have, you might want to see a doctor first. Breathing exercise can also help, I do this all the time when I go out and expose myself to my panic. Yes, I've been playing around. And hopefully, this will end soon. If you can sleep at least 5 hours every night, you're doing a good work. Keep up! Also, you might want to get yourselves checked for Hyperthyroidism. :))  All is well.

I'm 14 still in school and suffer from these biting suffer from depression and this really gets me down all the time I'm on heavy medication and have so many days of school it's unbelievable I wish it would stop too

I've suffered this for yrs now,U feel.so worried,hearts racing,feel "on edge",they say "dont put ur tv on" but at times its soothes the panic for me.
If u feel u need to do something then get up and out of bed...tidy up,check on the pets,kids something to occupy ur mind....its such a horrid feeling,i know,i've been up since 3am this morning..i feel shattered but my bodies telling me otherwise...so Tv it is.
Its now 7.15am...al try and sleep,i hope this helps.
GL...stay strong!!!

Hi babe, I'd advise you to start with some meds, I had the same problem, it would come as a nightmare, then I'd lose my breathe, then stay up in fear of falling asleep, after taking Zopax, I sleep better, good luck!! *Hugs*

You are not alone. I've had socialphobia, genralised anxiety disorder, and panic disorder since 2007 when i had my car accident. Due to personal beliefs, i dont see a phyciatrist because i also am looking for home remedies. I find that getting exercise during the day helps boost your mood and clears your mind, unfortunately for me with socialphobia outside makes it worse but do aerobics while laying in bed, leg lifts crunches etc. Stay away from caffine when your anxiety is not under control. This may be gross but ive heard stories of people with anxiety masterbate to help them sleep. Me personally mine is so bad i did need medication so my doctor perscribed me one i take everyday and another i take if i feel my anxiety rise i take it and it'll stop a panic from happening and makes me instantly tired and relaxed. If your certain about staying away from medications and doctors which will be very difficult, i would try some experiments i have found: First ive tried excersising during the day and light leg lifts at night. I researched calming sounds and listened to sounds of the ocean,rainforest etc and sometimes have listened to soft music, i find the group il divo very calming while i sleep. I stay away from caffine, and high sugar as mich as possible and especially energy drinks. Wether your male or female, sometimes no matter the time a nice warm or cold bath depending the weather, light some candles lay in the dark in the water and listen to the sounds of the night, if possible dry off and crawl right into bed. Sometimes clothes may make you feel trapped, restricted and laying with no clothes sometimes offers some kind of relief. I particularly find cuddles with the one you love also help you lay there relaxed as long as they arent trapping you, spponing hekps therefore you can remove their arm if it becomes too much.. if you have a pet and they sleep with you or are near, theres been research cuddles or petting an animal your familiar with helps relieve that feeling of steess. If you dont have an animal? I suggest getting a small kitten or puppy so you two have time to grow together. I rescued my kitten, bandit, and when i got him he was scared of every person because of abusive owners in the past and now taking care of him and having him cuddle up to me offers me reassurance that my pet is right there and he needs me and loves me no matter what AS for daytime anxiety, my doctor reccomended starting a vegetable or flower garden or some type of project to keep ypur mind busy and focused just be cautious or avoid dangerous pwer tools I really hope i helped! And good luck