Hi everyone,

I a 47 years old woman suffering from anxiety and I'm having panic attacks sometimes. I'm not sure why am I having them exactly but I am living completely alone with no kids so this might add a bit to all of this.

Someone told me that I can easily have panic attacks in my dreams and that these are the most awful of all panic attacks. They say that you wake up with such fear that you would rather wish to be dead than feel like you feel then. I am so afraid to even go to sleep now.

what kind of aniety is it like heart raceing or what/

No, I mean, when I have a panic attack, I notice that my heart is beating too fast. But when I am not having a panic attack, my heart is working normally, I just have too many thoughts and I'm worried and fearful for most of the time without a proper reason. 

I never had a panic attack in my dreams but when I heard that it can happen and how people explained it to me, I just got so scared that I am afraid to go to sleep since then. I was hoping that someone here might help me somehow.

Hi Guest,

Panic attacks are intensely frightening events. They can hit you at any moment, and when they do they can completely wipe out your day. Many people find that the only time they get a break from either panic attacks or thinking about panic attacks is when they go to sleep. But for some people, the fear doesn't stop there. While not as common, some people experience panic attacks while sleeping. This terrifying event will throw you awake and cause you immense fear and distress, but as usual the only thing that's wrong is that you suffer from anxiety. But as long as you are not having any, you shouldn't worry about them.

so you never had kids or you dont have them with you what about your husband

I don't have a husband anymore. I had a husband a long time ago and he really wanted kids, I mean, I wanted kids as well but after trying for quite a long time, I went to do some tests and it turned out that I am incapable of having kids. It was a really hard kick for both of us and he eventually decided that he doesn't want to stay with me and we had a divorce. It was really hard for me, not that much because of the guy but because I found out that I cannot have kids.

hello guest you seem to have had a hard life is that why you have panic attacks because of your husband or not able to have kids or is it something else from your childhood

When this happens, it is very hard to go back to the normal. But thanks God, there are several ways on how to restore your normal sleep. Panic attacks usually are responsible for some bad dreams and when this happens for a couple of days in the row, people are scared to go back to sleep and that is normal. You are not the only one who is having problems like this. You told us that your heart is beating very fast, but are there any other symptoms beside it? If no, you should seek for your doctor's help because I do remember that one girl had really bad panic attacks all the time - not just heart beating, but sweating and something like that. It can be very serious.

Yes, this can happen to everyone. But you need to find the way to control it. For example, if you wake up and you are having those signs of panic attacks here is what you should do:

- do not turn on  the TV because it won't relax you at all. This wont help you go back to sleep. I know that a lot of people are trying to do this, but it is not possible. When you are having this kind of "disorder" it is usually called nocturnal panic attacks and those things will be very hard to distract. You will struggle with your thoughts.

- Try to turn on some good music, relaxing music and maybe this can help you go back to sleep. 

Good day everyone. I was reading a long time ago that the best response to those panic attacks that happens in the dreams are those that rely on acceptance and observation, rather than ignoring and resisting. So, accept that you are having problems, don't ignore it. Now, here is one advice - when you are having problems with panic attacks in your dreams, switch to belly breathing and wait. That can help panic to fade away. When you feel that the panic is fading away, go back to bed but just if you are ready to go to sleep.

I agree with you Guest.

But it can happen sometimes that people will ask themselves "What if I can't go back to sleep?" A lot of people will ask themselves this, but that is wrong. When you are constantly trying to answer to some questions about sleep, you won't be able to go back to sleep. You just need to ask yourself what is going to happen if you continue to ask yourself "what if". You can't do this. It is very important to set free your thoughts and you will feel much better. Trust me on this one. 

.