Hi, I am 27 years old. I am suffering from panic attacks since high school. At the first time, it was happening only in crowded places and buses, so I knew what situations I should avoid. But in the last few months, I keep having panic attacks over silly things, and I never know when to expect them. Is there anybody who has the same problem?

Hello. I always had the panic attacks over silly things. It was often happening when I had to confront more then one person, make a call, speak in front of the people, and even when I walked through the crowded street. I live like this since I was 30 years old, never knowing when to expect the attack! I went to many doctors, and tried many medicines, but unfortunately, nothing really helped. I was feeling a little better with Zofolt, but it didn’t last long. Doctors said that my problem is too deep to be solved with a bunch of pills. This problem almost destroyed my marriage, but fortunately, my wife has a lot of understanding because she knows what I was like before any of this. I am sick and tired of having the attacks over silly things, so I decided to try a therapy. I will go twice a week to a psychiatrist and I am looking forward to see some results.

i have had them since i was a kid although i didn't know that was what it was until a few years ago in therapy. I am 45 years old bnow and strangely enough, i am having them more over everything and silly things. Just the thought of going through the day, leaving the house talking to people, interacting at work, any situation that involves dealing with another human being outside of my wife and kids give me anxiety. I avoid social situations, crowded places, but i have to work so that is the place that makes me the most anxious. Its a big problem and a hard way to live life. Xanax helps, but i hate having to take it everyday, i hate it as it makes it seem i need a medication to function in life, makes me feel like a failure at even life!!!! It seems like i have had it basically all my life, i don't know if it has to do with lack of confidence, i don't know why i cant seem to have that either, maybe they are connected. But life is tough with recurring panic and anxiety attacks, i think its worse than depression for me because at least the depression used to come and go depending on the medication and length of usage.