Hello! I did breast ultrasound two days ago. And the main indication for breast ultrasound was an mamographic nodule, focal asymmetrical and density. I am worried now. Does that means that I have a cyst or a focal collection. I am so confused, what doest it mean?

When the reason for ultrasound, as in your case, is mammographic nodule it is very important to determine the size, shape, location and density of surrounding tissues the same on mammograms and ultrasound. Cause of the mammographic abnormality can not be proved with palpable lumps (simple cyst or focal collection of fibroglandular tissues).They can be sure that a simple cyst or fibrous pseudo-tumor is the cause of the mammographic density only if the shape, density , location, and size of surrounding tissues are similar on mammography and sonography.