hi. i had a oval shape white growth in the back of my throat. it really freaked me out so i stuck my finger down there and it came off and i swalloed it. ick! it felt rough and hard in texture. any idea what this may be? ive never seen in before. the reason i noticed it was because my throat was feeling funny , like i swalloed a hair or something. dont know if that might be relevent or not. anything insite?
thank you in advance :-)

i HAVE white oval shaped growth towards the back of my throat-not on my tonsils though. I have no sinus problems, no allergies, I do not smoke either. I have no cold and no swollen tonsils or lymph nodes either. I scraped them out the first time I noticed them, and I put them on a white napkin- they look white in my throat, but after gagging myself totally to scrape them out by sticking my fingers in there and using my nails to detach them- and feeling the scraping sensation all the while my fingers getting drenched with saliva- and I gave up using qtips because i would always touch my tongue and they would leave a fibrous cottony residue of the slightest which was super annoying. Anyway they were more of a creamy yellow color in reality, and also they were a solid texture, but not so hard that I could not slice though it.When they dried over night they shriveled up and became red little dots on the napkin. I now realize that they have come up my throat on their own before, because I remember spitting them out. Well, short of gargling like mad scrubbing my tongue, flossing, hacking up stomache fluid while sticking my fingers back there and repeating the process I just want to know what are these, why they smell so ghastly, and why when I took another one out today-they had not appeared in the past month or so- it left a hole in the side of my mouth. Are they eating the inside of my mouth? They obviously thrive in that habitat because they shrivel up and die when I left the balls on the napkin. Who has some real answers without suggesting that I get my tonsils extracted, or acid reflux, or tonsil stones? Anyone else have these holes left in their mouth afterwards, and anyone else leave them out overnite and see them shriveled up and red the next morning?

this happens to me too! I believe there called moth balls and its just like mucus build up. Nothing to worry about at all, it happens to me all the time, and im healthy as a horse!

They are tonsil stones. I have had the same thing. They are when the mucous cells in your tonsil builds up in the crypts. They get hard from sitting in there, are funny shaped because they form the shape of the crypts. They smell bad because they are overpopulated with bacteria, which is also why they die when left on the napkin.

The "stones" can be easily removed with a bit of hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip. Dampen the qtip well with the HP and gently wipe the qtip around the stone. The HP will bubble and work it's way down into the opening and if you gently push around the area, it should pop right out. Then you can grab it with the qtip. Then rinse with warm water and a bit of salt or baking soda to clense.

:-D I had a white bump in the back of my throat right to the left of the thing that hangs down. Did the suggested HP tip you posted and it worked although due to its locaton I choked... Thanks for the tip as it was bothering me like crazy. Felt like a popcorn husk was stuck on the wall of my throat and I couldn't hack it up.

i felt the same popcorn feeling, i just noticed mine tonight. ate popcorn last night too. ill try the HP tomorrow

wow thanks a bunch, i had the white-ish bump in the back of my throat and i did the peroxide thing and it worked wonderfully, like within 3 minutes, of course i almost vomited due to the location of the bump. then i just gargled with listerine, then salt water, then salt water with peroxide in it, then plain water, cleaned it right up. thank u so much

o.O yea i had the same pocorn, hair feeling in my mouth i tryed the hp tip and it worked like a charm now i feel better .. but those to useing this tip it may cause you to puke take that warning while doing this but yes other then that it works like a charm :O ty for the tips guys

I was shocked when I saw it...In the back on the left by the ulvula...I made a doc's appt...and he gave me a gauze and told me to try and take it out....I went to the bathroom and it came right out.....I didn't use peroxide or nothin....it just came out....he told me it was food that gets stuck in the cavity pockets of ur throat....it did smell bad i'm assuming because it was food....but I didn't use peroxide...i just kinda slid it out....

I was internet surfing to find out what the bump on my throat meant because when I asked my mom she had no idea. She told me it could've been anything from a cyst to throat cancer...so I got really scared!!! When I saw this topic I got excited because that meant I was not the only one with this thing on my throat and I could get treatment without going to see a doctor. I highly recommend this treatment for bumps like this!! I just wiped the hp on my throat, put a little pressure on the bump and it came right off. Though it took me forever because I kept choking and gagging (about 5-10 min) I still got it out and I'm so HAPPY!!! THANKS!!!

I Just noticed the white lesion of the back of my throat ill try the Hp ill keep in touch with the results.

I used to have these tonsil stones some years ago. I decided to have my tonsils removed (kind of extreme I know). But, the white smelly stones have never returned. Having my tonsils removed at age 32 is not fun at all but a week and a half of pain vs. a lifetime of tonsil stones was worth it for me.

Prior to having my tonsils removed I was using a product that I can't remember the name of(had something like Breath and/or Oral in the name). It was a mouth rinse that did a decent job of removing the surface stones but not the deep ones. I think I got it from breathcure.com but i can't be sure since it was some years ago.

i just took one out today too. if you prod around the area with a popsicle stick and try and flick it out then it eventually comes out- more from the stretching of the roof of my mouth then from anything else though. It was hidden in this little pocket and eventually came out. I'll try using the hydrogen peroxide next time. my mom use to get them and her doctor said it was nothing to be worried about

i get them from time to time. generally, i can get them out with my tongue... but i have one atm that won't come out. as soon as i figure out what hydrogen peroxide is, i'll give that a go.