My father is 53 years old. Few days ago, he was diagnosed with angina pectoris with standard symptoms (pain behind the sternum and dispnea). After several tests, with invasive diagnostic technique such as coronarographie, he was diagnosed with Atherosclerosis of coronaries (that was the cause that led to the angina pectoris). Can you give me some more information about Atheroscleroris?

Arteriosclerosis is a very common and often found illness of blood vessels. It is described as the presence of the ateroma (structures that obstruct the blood vessel). This is a multi factor disease, which means that there are many elements engaged in its creation. Those are smoking, stress, bad food, hypertension, more salt in the meals. To prevent this, an adequate diet is required, anti hypertension medicaments, leaving cigarettes and use of diuretics.