I am suffering from hyperparathyroidism and have been referred to a general surgeon for removal of the affected parathyroid gland and a thyroid nodule. I have been researching the minimally invasive mini surgery and am looking for surgeons in Michigan or surrounding states. I would also like to knoe if anyone in or around Micigan has had this procedure through Dr. Norman in Tampa or another surgeon.

I had Dr. Herbert Chen from UW Madison hospital remove my thyroid and the 4x3x2 cm tumor from a 1" incision. I thought for the size of the thyroid and tumor the size of the incision was extremely small. By the way, he was a wonderful surgeon(I couldn't have asked for anyone better ) I don't know if he does minimally invasive mini surgeries, but hopefully this can send you in a possible direction. :D

Where can I find a surgeon in Colorado skilled at MIRP mini parathyroid surgery? Thanks!

Anyone know an expert parathyroid in East Central Florida, besides Dr. Norman in Tampa, he's very expensive!

Hi:
I would recommend that you contact a surgeon named Dr. William

Farrar who is associated with the James Cancer Hospital in Columbus,

Ohio. Their phone number is (614) 293-8890. He is excellent and he

really knows parathyroid sutgery and surgical oncology.

Before him, I went to a surgeon who didn't know what he was doing

and he removed two of my perfectly normal glands. I then found out

about Dr. Farrar and he found that my bad gland was in my chest

area and not around my thyroid and removed it and I'm now doing

fine. Don't go to a general surgeon! Call Dr. Farrar and tell him your

situation and he will tell you if he can help you or not.

Bob

I would recommend the Endocrine Surgeons at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan for Parathyroidectomy and other Endocrine Surgery. My Parathyroidectomy was done by Dr. G. Doherty at the U of M.

Anyone know of a doctor in the South Bend, Indiana area who does Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surgery?
Thanks.

Does anyone know of a surgeon in Maine, NH or Massachusetts who does minimally invasive parathyroid surgery?

Thanks

Guest wrote:

Thanks.

Hi, I am going to have Surgery in MUNSTER, IN if that helps -. He is supposed to be good at Minimally Invasive Surgery, and has the probes, etc. He does General Anesthesia and I will have to have exploratory, due to not finding the culprits on my "Normal" Sestamibi scan.

I am not positive yet that I have a parathyroid problem. With recurrent kidney stones, though, the urilogical surgeon requested the labwork on my parathyroid. I missed my follow-up appointment and have to reschedule, so I am not sure of the lab results. However, if my parathyroid is the problem, I want to be prepared.

Does anyone know of parathyroid surgeons in northeastern PA, who perform the mini surgery? A friend went through this in the spring and was able to have it done in Hershey, but we live further north and it would be helpful if I could find someone closer by. If it's Hershey, it's Hershey, just trying to check. Anyone in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area? I need to research further to see if I can find anyone myself, but figured I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Does anyone know of any surgeon's in the NC area that are experienced at the parathyroid surgery? I've already had one surgery and had two glands removed and my levels didn't improve and they are having trouble finding my other two glands now. I think I need to find a more experienced surgeon. I looked at that doctor in FL but he is way to expensive for us to go to, so I was wondering if anyone has had any good experience with anyone in NC?

I am also looking for a surgeon who performs MIRP parathyroidectomy in NC or SC?

Dr. John Kennedy, Atlanta, GA comes highly recommended. He's surgically trained in MIRP, doesn't charge an exhorbitant consultation fee (it's included in the surgery charge) and performs many procedures each year. This is certainly much closer than Tampa and I hope it is helpful. I do hope you all will decide to join the parathyroid chat group that the parathyroid foundation has started. I wish I could list the link here, but I believe this site's rules prevent that. I hope I have been of some help. (Thank you so much to people who continue to post alternative doctor/surgeon options for others!)

Does anyone know of a doctor in the Long Island - New York City area who does Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surgery? Any help would be greatly appeciated. Thank you!

Since many began posting about their successful parathyroid surgeries, that's why we formed our own site (as a separate part from the one formed by doc James Norman).
As an "administrator" on our site, one of my responsibilities is to help add names to our growing list of "good outcomes" information. A couple of posters have expressed their satisfaction over having chosen Dr. James Lee, NY, NY. I hope this helps.