What are the risks of low carbohydrate diet as atkiins is? I have heard that high protein diet can raise cholesterol in blood and increased calcium level. But at the other side I have also heard number of positive attitudes about atkiins diet from people that lost on weight. I’m not sure should what to believe in. Please tell me more about possible contribution of this diet to heart, kidney and other health problems.

I read that low carbohydrate diet that is rich in protein is more effective that low fat diet. Final conclusion that I read recently in an article were that atkin’s diet had favourable effects on triglycerides, cholesterol, hdl and of course, weight. But at the other side, fruit and vegetables belong to high carbohydrate group, which means that should be avoided and the first recommendation for optimal healthy diet and cancer prevention is to eat 5 or more servings of vegetables and fruit daily. This sounds me as good enough reason not to choose atkins’ diet as my nutritional rule. High proteins diet is in connection to acidic urine that leaches calcium from the body and increases risk of osteoporosis and kidney stones.