I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and my doctor prescribed me Zithromax as a treatment. I know both  Augmentin and  Zithromax are antibiotics, but I thought that Zithromax was effective more for urinary tract infections and similar. I don’t think it completely cured my ear infection since my right ear still feels way different and I just finished the full course of Zithromax.

Do I need to go back to my doctor and get Augmentin which seems to be more common antibiotic used for ear infection, judging by  what I read online?

even though it's more commonly used for urinary tract infections, Zithromax is still effective antibiotics for treating other bacterial infections, such as ear infection. If you feel like you still have ear infection, but without pain or fever, it might be just your body still needing time to recover and there's no telling if the same thing would've happened with Augmentin.

However, if your symptoms don't go away in about a week, then there is a possibility that you still have the ear infection.