Hi, I am young mother with 7 months old baby, and I have got tonsilitis. I was prescribed Augmentin for treatment. Is it safe for me to use Augmentin, since I am breastfeeding?

HI, I am sorry, but you were given the wrong treatment. Have you told your doctor that you are breast feding? Augmentin can pass into breast milk and baby may react with symptoms like yeast infection, diarrhea, or allergic reaction. Augmentin is good choice for treatment of many sorts of infections, becaus eit contains agent which inhibits bacterial resistance molecules. But, like with any other medication benefits and dangers from Augmentin should be carefully considered. Augmentin can make birth control pills less effective, so it’s suggested to use a second method of birth control like condom,while taking Augmentin.