What is autoimmune disorder of the liver? What are the specific symptoms for this disorder? Is it life threatened disease? My friend’s child has developed that disorder. How important genetic factor is in autoimmune disorders? Can it be cured somehow?

My daughter developed autoimmune disorder of the liver type 2 when was 10. It is less common type than type one and usually affects girls from 2 to 14 years. She started suffering stomach discomfort and I noticed that her liver was enlarged. Than she lost appetite and was feeling nausea constantly. All this was happening 3 weeks ago. Blood tests have shown that there were autoimmune antibodies that suggested on autoimmune hepatitis type 2. It was good as doctor said that was diagnosed early enough to be treated successfully. In fact I think that it can just be controlled successfully, not completely cured. She is on prednizon now. I don’t know for how long, but she feels well.