when the heavy bleeding stops and it slows down enough whatever shows up on my pad is brownish (maybe a little green) a little waxy and smells very different from normal menstrual blood or regular discharge. almost like curry powder o.O i was just thinking it was old blood before but i'm a little unsure :/

me too!!! Does anyone know if this is normal or not? I am experiencing it today. Its kinda embarrassing bc I don't know if others notice the smell, but I do! :$

I have the sameee problem and I get very paranoid that others smell it as well :$ .....anyone know if this is normal?

its oxidized blood. very normal.

I have the same issues. It is rather irritating, because you do wonder if others can smell it.

Mine started right after my period. The smell is horrendous. What do I do in the mean time?

The smell is horrendous. What can I do in the meantime?

I dont believe its normal! I hate the smell myself as well, its awful >;) . I always feel like other people can smell it too, only if I know what to do, will do it immidiately with no Questions ask. Please help! I feel so embarassed most especially when I am around my Boyfriend!

OMG, thats exactly how i am.. i have no idea what to do...
i neeeed hellpp!
its discustting!

Yeah, I am experiencing it today! it is very embarrassing. I dont know if its normal?

Take a shower, use a feminine wash, use a small amount of extra strength vagisil, and scented panty liners. Also they make something called refresh, it balances the ph balance. And helps get rid of odors. This is normal in a lot of women, some do not experience it. You are most likely noticing the smell because it is abnormal from your usual scent. So while it smells very strong to you, to others it isn't as noticable. Use wipes when toileting, and in a couple days you should feel normal again. Avoid doucing, this will make it worse

experiencing this now as i'm going off my period, it's always after the heavy bleeding...ugh!

It may be an infection or a lost tampon. It's quite common. go to docs.

The smell and the brownish discharge is just the last of the blood from your period and your vagina is cleaning itself. It will only last a day or two normally. But if you have that smell everyday continually then it is a problem.

Can't believe someone advised using peroxide lol