I am having the worst problem ever!itall started a year ago with a yest infection. i was given dflucan and i didnt think it went away completely, i told the dr. and was given a second diflucan..only slight results to my knowledge. to have the same dr. insert my I.U.D. (copper). about 2 months after iud as inserted started getting horrific odor that stuck with me where ever i go and no matter how much i showered. smells like a toch of fish, or musty, or kind of like metal sometimes. I chose to go to different dr. for second opinion just in case to have 2nd gyno come back to tell me everything looks and is normal according to the lad work. but its still there! 2nd dr. and 2nd visit i was being looked at like i was crazy to have the dr once again tell me there is nothing in urine or anywhere else. CLEAN! 3rd visit the dr wants me to come talk to the pshycologist and basically telling me to get my head checked. Needless to say i skipped that appt. 4th visit, i requesteddifferent dr at the same place and she gave me metronizadole pill for 7 days...a slight difference.but still there. 5th visit was given metronizadole pill for 10 dys...still no change. The nasty smell will not go away. it seems when i get upset or angry that it makes it worse! i notice that people sneeze when they are around me. NO JOKE! This is distroying my relationship with boyfriend. Im tired of all the looks and poeple backingaway from me i cant stand it. It does seem as if i have my good days where the odor isnt there at all but maybe it is and not strong enough for me to notice. I cant even discribe the smell anymore. my boyfriend has described it as smelling like meat or something close but it is soethin give never in my life come acrossed. my vagina also gets sooo hot right before it flares up. no itching. little white things in my urine for the last 3 months and noe i have what seems to be a constant urge to go to the bathroon and pee(im assuming a ladder infection) and lets not forget that the last 5 months i get the worst sharp pains low in my tummy right before i have a bowel movement. i mean sharp stabbing pains that i cant move. after the b.M. MY TUMMy is fine again but still that horrible smell. a first my soap after showeing was kind of allergic reaction or something but that seems to have calmed down alot. thi is long enough but im desperate for answers. somebody plz help me!!! thank you.

have you gotte an ultasound? i had a similar problem and it turned out i had ovarian cysts. didnt know that was the cause until one ruptured (PAINFUL)!

I think your a hypochondriac.

Fist of all, the sharp pain before bowel movement is normal for most people.

2nd: have you asked your doctor about..i think its bacterial vaginosis or something like that. I got it from wearing thongs. Try switching up your undies to normal ones and wear baby powder on the inside of your thighs to try to freshen the smell.

3rd: Don't let your boyfriend cum in you-- pregnancy, stds....oh and smelly vagina.

4th. Eat healthy.

okay, to start i am 21 sexually active and am on medroxyprogesterone, to regulate my cycle after i was on the depo shot for 3 months. well ive been bleeding for about a week noweh. and hopefully the cyst i had on my left ovary is gone, i doubt it though. but just today i noticed this metallic weird smell from my vag. first time ever. i was treated for bv like about a month ago. i dont know, can the pill im on now be the cause for this smell. maybe my body is trying to balance its self out...im confused. has anyone else had this problem?

Missylala, what you need to do is remove the IUD ASAP. I also am experiencing the same and I'm removing it this week because my man can't stand the smell or taste. I honestly believe this happens because it is just plain and simple a foreign object in our bodies and it is reacting against this nasty IUD. I don't feel I have an infection I think it is the release of the copper mixed with our natural fluids that makes it smell like this. Well good luck to you and p.s. Don't even think of getting the coil "Essure" or " "Adiana"; I heard it is worst than IUD. Research it.

Sharp pain before bowel movement is never normal.

It's not normal what are you on about?

Anyway I have the same problem but I'm 13 nearly 14 next month but I have a iron type of smell in vagina and when I'm at school I can smell it and once this boy sat next to me and said it smelt like iron, I don't know what to do I shower everyday after school as don't have time in the morning but what can u do?! Please help! I have been referred to hospital ages ago but a letter hasn't came through as I got referred for a pimple in ear which kept coming back but then it went the week after so I've ju.st told them I need them but what do u think I've got ? I also get pains going up vagina and that really hurts and can't move until it's gone?!

I do too and honestly it's super embarrassing and I try and hide it with perfume on my inner thigh over my jeans and it doesn't help. Idk what to do. I'm also not sexually active.