I gave birth eight months ago, and got a Paraguard IUD inserted six months ago. In the last two or three months, I have experienced off and on bad vaginal odor. I have never experienced this before. I can't say for sure if my discharge is that different. Sometimes it seems like I have clear discharge and sometimes white, but it is not often. I am still breastfeeding my child and although I have had spotting my period has not returned. Lastly, I dont know if this will help, but it seems like sex is more uncomfortable even painful in some positions.

Thanks.

It doesn't sound like an infection, but post-birth changes to your vagina are normal and can be offset with a simple multivitamin like Lavada. This should give your body the nutrients it needs to cleanse itself naturally. :-D If only someone told me this information before I had odor problems.

Best of luck!

I was talking to my doctor about this because I had the same issue after I gave birth. Different vaginal odor, I felt somehow different as well. And you should calm down because it is normal. For example, I had this weird odor for 6 weeks. I believed that this will never stop. I was scared that this is because of yeast infection, but it was not. Apparently, all that blood and discharge that you had, while you were pregnant, continues to be present even after you gave a birth. You can try to heal it with some teas, maybe some antibiotics, but you should definitely consult your doctor and let him know about this. He can do some tests and let you know what is going on with you. 

I can't find Lavada online... Do you know their website??

Please help!! :$

C.H.

I have the same issue with odor. My daughter is 4 months old and I have an IUD as well. The smell is horrible and I wonder if people sitting next to me can smell it.

My son is almost 5 months now and I have the same problem! Its awful and my boyfriend has even told me I smell! Its so embarrassing and I have no idea what it is!

Vaginal odor occurs in presence of infection. If you have offensive odor it is time to consult a gynecologist. A course of antibiotics and antifungal preparations help to get rid of this