Hello there! I have been using phentermine as a supplement to my diet and exercise program. It was all monitored by a doc, but recently I noticed that my vagina has a bad odor. My appointment is not until next week, and I would like to know if it is possible that phentermine could have caused this.

It sounds weird to me that phentermine could cause such thing. However, I am not an expert. Bad vaginal odor is usually sign of infection or STD, I doubt that phentermine is the cause. I think you should wait for your next appointment!

It’s true

I had noticed an odor too.. almost ammonia like. When I stopped taking the phentermine...it went away...a year later today I started taking it again and the odor is back. It is a side effect I guess.

I'm pretty sure the meds have plenty to do with the smell, I've been experiencing the same problem. I recently went to my OBGYN to be checked and tested but everything thing was fine yet i still have the smell even after washing thoroughly and carefully with unscented soap. I only just recently just started connecting the dots and realizing that I only had this issue when i was on the medication, especially if I didn't drink enough water! Even my urine would smell more consintrated and appear to be darker than usual, Also before i started this medication i did some research on phentermine and it can affect your hormones and even your menstrual cycle. All things considered I think it's safe to assume that the phentermine is the cause of the foul odor.

So is there a cure for this and still take the medicine? I'm experiencing a foul odor what seems like everywhere. My breath, my vagina and as odd as it may sound, even my stool had a very foul smell. Yes your stool never smells good, but its had a extra foul smell.

Have you found anything. Experiencing the same thing

New Member
1 post

~I'm dealing with the exact same thing. I'm having to wash my underarm area frequently and my stool has a very very bad smell. I guess it's because our bodies are getting rid of the c**p we used to eat. Maybe it's helpful to eat more healthy fruits and vegetables and things that smells good lol. Good luck everyone