Hi, something weird happened to me a while ago. I was lying in the bed, I turned my head and suddenly I felt dizziness which lasted about 10 seconds. It happened to me again few days later, so I went to a doctor. He examined me and didn’t find anything wrong. Then he performed the Dix-Hallpike maneuver, and it turned out that I have BPPV. Is this condition dangrous?

Hi, my father was diagnosed with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) too. If I remember well, it was caused by debris which has collected within a part of his inner ear. It was causing him dizziness or vertigo, nausea and imbalance. In his case, vertigo never lasted more than 15 seconds. He cured BPPV with a noninvasive positioning procedure. Crystals were cleared out of the canal and put back into the part of the inner ear where they belong. You can choose between several kinds of positioning procedures. For example, there is a procedure using an electric circle bed that rotates the canals 360 degrees in a vertical plane, then there is an eply maneuver, and the third option is Semont's liberatory procedure. I heard that after treating BPPV with canalith repositioning procedure(CRP), prognoses are usually good.