I am 28 years old. No health problems other than a thyroid nodule that was biopsied last year and found to be benign. For the past 7 days, I have been lightheaded, with loss of balance and inability to focus. If I am on my feet too long, I get nauseated and sweaty. Doctors say it is benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I am on Zofran, meclizine, and Augmentin. I have been doing positional exercises at home that they told me to do. Symptoms no better. Cannot work, cannot drive. I am becoming frustrated and do not know where to turn. Suggestions?

Looks like your doctors have diagnosed you properly with paroxysmal position vertigo.  They have given 3 meds to help with this and a regime of exercises.  However, you say that's not working.  You might ask your doctors if there are other drugs available that work in a different way.  You said that your exercises aren't working for you so need something else.  It is possible to have a surgical procedure done.  A bone plug can be used to block the portion of the inner ear that is responsible for creating your dizziness.  The bone plug stops the semicircular canal from being able to respond to head movements.  The success rate of this surgical procedure is greater than 90 percent.  

Thank you for your reply. After consulting with a neurologist, he has concluded that I am suffering from complete bilateral loss of vestibular function. He had me go through a battery of testing, including VNG testing. I am currently undergoing physical therapy to cope. My body will never regain control, but it is adapting, slowly. Again, thank you for the reply.