I had my lower face and neck lift with laser 3 yrs. ago.  I have never been the same.  Right after surgery I complained about my ears feeling plugged.  They said some blood during surgery may have leaked into the ear and it will go away.  About 3 weeks after surgery I started with vertigo attacks.  That led to tennitus and constant plugged feeling in my left ear.  After going to an ent dr. they gave me the usual tests. MRI of the brain and other tests.  The diagnosis was Meniere's Disease.  My dr. who did my facelift said it had nothing to do with the surgery.  I can't believe that.  I never had anything wrong with my ears before the surgery.  I did have a small hematoma on the lower left side of the ear, I don't know if that had anything to do with it.  I feel that my surgeon took his money and does not want to know anything.  Has anyone else ever experienced this affect after surgery?  Would really like to know.

sls

Meniere has nothing do with a facelift.  Meniere is a disease of the middle ear ,

You were unlucky that this happened at approx. the same time as your procedure.

Just like a heart attack, a brain problem, anything really ....can happen around that time.

This would have happened even without your facelift , and it is indeed very easy from your part to accuse the surgeon of doing something wrong. Your inner ear is not at all touched during facelif surgery.

Instead of writing this down , try to proove what you are saying ! .

The cause of Meniere's disease isn't well understood. It appears to be the result of the abnormal volume or composition of fluid in the inner ear.

The inner ear is a cluster of connected passages and cavities called a labyrinth. The outside of the inner ear is made of bone (bony labyrinth). Inside is a soft structure of membrane (membranous labyrinth) that's a slightly smaller, similarly shaped version of the bony labyrinth. The membranous labyrinth contains a fluid (endolymph) and is lined with hair-like sensors that respond to movement of the fluid.

plastic surgery is a broad field and may be sub divided further in the united states Burn surgery generally takes place in two phases acute burn surgery is the treatment immediately after burn reconstructive burn surgery tekes place after the burn wounds have healed cosmetic, aesthetic surgery is an essential component of plastic surgery plastic surgeons use cosmetic surgical principal in all reconstructive surgical procedure as well as isolated operations to improve   overall appearance,craniofacial surgery is divided into pediatric and adult craniofacial surgery pediatric most revolves around the treatment of congential anomalies of the craniofacial skelton and soft tissues such cleft lip and plate. Hand surgery is concerned with acute injuries and chronic diseases of the hand wrist correction of congential malformations of the upper extremeties and peripheral nerve problems branchial plexus injuries or carpel tunnel.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Mouse, I can’t believe I stumbled on to your post. I too had a lower/mini facelift and neck lift in April and 9 days later woke up with an episode of vertigo that lasted over 3 hours. I went through all the test and MRI of the brain and was also diagnosed with Menieres. I don’t feel my surgeon did anything wrong, I’m very happy with the results, but I also wondered if there was any correlation. My ENT said that some fluid could have shifted, hard to tell, but what can you do. I’ve since had another episode of severe vertigo and am now trying to figure out how to control episodes through diet. Going for allergy testing next. Would love to hear how you are coming along.
KimS