im not sure if anyone can help, but for a long time, ive had the above symptoms.
a few years ago, i was so disturbed by the bloating, i was convinced it was fat, and i became bulimic.im in recovery now, and was doing ok, but now ive started eating again, my stomach is constantly hard and huge.i have also always had trouble with very very oily skin, and, in turn, breakouts.im sure its to do with the way i metabolise certain foods or something, because this would account for the excessive sebum production, and may explain my stomach troubles. i am currently on a wheat detox, but have got much worse, and have been in almost constant pain since starting.i also take vitamin B5 (to help with metabolising fats), charcoal tablets and oil of peppermint capsules (both supposedly to help with gas/bloating)

not sure if its related...i have been on Yasmin bcp a month, and just had "period", which is heavier than ive ever had, and im in constant pain.

any kind of feedback would really be appreciated :-)

Hey roopoo, my name is Greg and I would like to know more about your current condition. Do you take care of your diet? Are you exercising? Many reasons might cause distended stomach. Since you have had a previous experience with illnesses, I would recommend you to go and see your doctor, or a specialist. Do whatever it takes, run blood tests, give your stool on examination, also do a full body examination just in case to be sure nothing is being missed. Your condition might be caused by some kind of an allergic reaction, or appendix. Notify us on your progress.

:( :( :( I have an eating disorder and I cain't control it and I know its killing me and I cain't stop HELP ME SAD SAC

Hey Sad,

I've never been on a chat page...not my space, dating sites, or any other chat room. I was doing a google search for something unrelated and came across your statement/plea.

I'm not going to tell you to seek help, go to a doctor, etc etc because I'm assuming you're a pretty bright person and inside you know that's what you need to do when you are ready.

At least you recognize that something's not quite right...that's incredibly admirable. You know, I went out with this guy for a year and even in the end he couldn't admit that there were things he was avoiding so I commend you on your acknowledgement.

Just know that you are meant to live a very happy fullfilling life and you can achieve anything that you want. Trust me....and if you aren't well then you can't achieve those things. The first step is to believe in yourself and know that you are worth being here. You are allowed to be happy and be loved and to love. You cannot do any of those things if you are no longer here. Don't kill yourself when you have so much to do. Don't give up on yourself-find the strength within to connect to the right people who can help you. I don' t know if this helped at all but know that I am thinking about you. Good Luck.

I'm actually going through the same thing and noticed that your on yasmin. I'm on yaz and I can't stop burping after I eat either. My really big problem is that I've been bulimic since I was 17(I'm 23 now) and even when I don't try to purge my stomach aches in pain from having food in it 8-| . Do you have any idea what going on?

I am experiencing the exact same thing as the first post. I have never had an eating disorder but I am on Yasmin. I have been on Yasmin for almost 5 years now and have never had a problem. Last week I also had a heavy period and a lot of pain, which I never get.
So if there is anyone out there who still wants some help with this situation, my father is a doctor, unfortunately in a different country to me, but I will call him tomorrow and ask what he thinks it is. I will post what he said after I speak with him.
Hope this helps.

Hi

are you constipated as well? an eating disorder could have damaged your colon or transit..

im the EXACT same as you )minus the yasmin-
ex bulimic/anorexic. Recovered, and i want to feel better about myself and everything in life - BUT HOW CAN I IF I BLOAT AND FEEL SO NAUSEOUSLY GROSS?n have you found any treatments? cures? aids? ?

the only way to help is to have someone who is a massage therapy to massae the stomach, but they have to know where is your pain located. I'm a certifed massage therapy and I have help alot of people with that problem for many years. With that symptoms you feel full for 3 to 4hrs after a meal and you feel like the food is not going down is only stay at the top of your stomach where your xyphoid process is at. You are constipated or you have small bowel movement.

Hi There
i am going through the same thing at the minute trying to recover from bulima, i have been bulimic for 5 year, this was due to wantng to be thin i did reach my target wait and felt great at first, then i starting feeling really down and hide away when im binge eating, making me self sick afterwards then crying !!!just what is the point!!! and the money i spend just tobe flushed down the toilet,
i do recommend the eating disorder books you can buy them online they have a self help part int he back which u follow step by step it also tells you all the dangers of a eating disorder,
plus achne and excessive body hair growth is down to your body not getting enough food and vitamins,
that is why i was put on dianantte to help with achne and excessive hair growth i put on a stone on this pill although it did help with the other things but made me more paroniod about my weight i.e. making my self sick again, i have recently been put on yasmin for about 3 wks now and i dont feel as bloated although thinking of it come night time my stomache is solid, i do get me odd days where i have a bad day and make my self sick after eating but i am trying so hard not too so im eating loads of fruit and veg, so this could be the cause for being bloated, but i think with a pill every one's body is different and effects people differently,

for those with a eating disorder its a big world out there and you are not alone it unbelieveable how common it is and a lot of people come through it
im determined to get better im reading books whislt waiting to get professionl help i have been on waiting list for 3 month so that shows how common it is

if i can do it you can
so good luck xxxx

It is great you are working on getting your health back. Might I suggest that you find a great naturopathic doctor. They might suggest that you start on a cleansing program and see what foods you are allergic to. Food allergies can cause problems of bloating and gas like symptoms. Also a naturopath will help give you proper vitamins and naturopathic medicines to help restore your internal balance. I have found great success with a naturopath and I would recommend anyone to find a good one as they are in tune with natural remedies and sourcing the problem. If can be a very simple thing as eliminating something from the diet or adding the right vitamin. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi Roopoo,
I am a 34 years old female.I had your problem since I was 17.
I spent large sum of money on therapy but none was 100% healing.
But there are some tips that help reducing the problem to a minimum.
1-Simple exercise each day.
2-Reduce carbohydrates and food with high-sugar.or anything that contains refined sugar.
3-Consider cutting carbonated beverages.
4-Relax, stop anxiety and avoid tension.
5-Don't take a lot of medication.
6-A cup of warm water + spoon of honey in the early morning helped too much.
7-Vitamin B complex helps.
8-Sleeping well [about 8 hours daily]
9-Detox Cleansers help but only ONCE every six months.

10-Try to record what you eat each day for a week and find out what foods trigger the problem.
Note that you can't notice the change immediately but gradually.

Good Luck
Ann

Great suggestions. Thanks for posting.

Hey,
I had the same symptoms as you. As it turned out I had Celiacs Disease. Ask your doctor to screen you for the antibodies.... it's very serious if you ignore it and continue eating a gluten-containing diet.

Hey roopoo

I had serious problems with very oily skin and acne, hard and huge stomach with gases, which made it make strange sounds while digesting, burping, and my body was swollen. It felt very uncomfortable. I didn't have bulimia though.

Anyway, what finally helped me was when I discovered I might be a lactose intolerant. So I started avoiding milk and yoghurt, and I got a LOT better. Clean, healthy skin and a calm tummy. I can eat cheese and meals cooked with milk though, it's only if I drink milk or yoghurt alone that it gets bad.

So my advice is to try lactose free products for some time and see if it works for you. If not, you may be allergic to something else.

I hope I could help a little! Good luck!!