Our family physician just told me that my daughter has bulimia. She recommended starting with treatment right a way. I was surprised and sad in the same time. What kind of mother I am when I didn’t know that my kid has eating disorder. I work a lot, shifts, and I can’t see what she eat or how much. I don’t know what to do now. What is a treatment for bulimia? What is expected from me to do?

When I was in high school lots of girls had eating disorders. One of mine close friends had bulimia and I remember that she needed a long time to recover. It is important to start early with a treatment because people with bulimia who are treated early in the disease have a better chance of full recovery than those who have the disease for years before treatment begins. Treatment involves counseling and behavioral therapy. You know it is no so much about the food it is more about self esteem.

**Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Hope For Eating Disorders**

I have bulimia and im 14.
Treatment: counseling.
It's not something to just put aside, or stop. It's really hard, because all you can think about is how "ugly" you look or how "overweight" you are. So stuffing food into her mouth, or making her stop will just make her feel even "fatter" than she already does. When I don't eat, I don't do it. She needs to have self confidence, which takes a while to gain.
Good luck :-)